About the Job
Job Title -Market Rules Analyst 10 month contract
The Client: Grafton Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We currently have a vacancy for Market Rules Analyst in Dublin City.
Our client is a leading Irish Energy Business.
The Role: A Market Rules Analyst is required for a 10 month contract in Dublin.
- Ensure that all solutions comply with Regulations and methodologies when possible. Where interim solutions are in place, represent the company in getting agreement on the interim arrangements with regulators and with regional parties on the migration to the enduring arrangements.
- Prepare consultations for stakeholders and monitor responses for all required aspects of interconnector owner requirements including access rules and regional methodologies. Programme Manage the development of these in line with regulation, and Guideline, requirements allowing sufficient time for public consultation. Liaise with the NRAs to incorporate their feedback and that from the public consultations to ensure acceptability of final proposals to NRAs.
- Ensure that the department is appropriately represented and involved in the project's market design including market rules development, licensing/legislative arrangements and any other market arrangements.
- Ensure that Joint Application Office and SAP solutions adopted are fully compliant with all of the current applicable relevant regulations and legislation
- Develop a reporting position for the department which will ensure that cost recovery is facilitated through meeting the requirements of the NRAs while ensuring that these also comply with the current applicable relevant regulation and legislation
- Prepare explanatory information for stakeholders and market participants to ensure a full understanding of the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Participate fully in internal and external stakeholder meetings workshops and forums to develop the design rules and procedures required.
- Provide input as necessary to DAM and interim Intra-Day Market operations.
- Assist in the preparation of enduring DAM and XBID solutions to be implemented in the period following Go-Live.
- Liaise with the European Affairs Department to manage the implementation of the new market arrangements in the project driven by the requirements of the Market.
- Agree with senior management/personnel the specific work required by business areas to comply with the European Network Codes and the associated timeline(s) for its delivery
- Monitor and ensure delivery of the work required to comply with the European Network Codes
- Proactively manage issues and control risks
- Develop and maintain best practice tools, business processes and reporting arrangements to support the above
- Provide regular senior management/executive level briefings on the overall programme
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree qualification complimented by 4 to 5 years market operation experience including impacts of regulation.
- Knowledge of operating in a regulated environment.
- Demonstrated track record in successfully leading significant operational/project tasks and regulatory engagements
- Proficient in all aspects of market operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team together with flexibility in work approach including strong ability to work under own initiative.
- Demonstrated quality orientation and attention to detail.
- Experience in electricity industry, especially System Operations and interconnection.
- Knowledge of wholesale power markets, market arrangements in Ireland and Northern Ireland, and in other European countries.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to deliver to industry and senior management/executive level groups.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Certified in IS Delivery methodologies, for example Prince2 Certification, ITIL (Desirable, but not essential).
Why use Grafton? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.