This position is presented to you by Harvey Nash Lifescience Division.
JOB TITLE: Metrologist
REPORTS TO: Quality Engineering Manager
Reporting to a Quality Manager the Metrologist is responsible for developing suitable measurement methods for moulded components, the measurement of tooling steels and the ongoing development of the measurement capability of the business.
- Development of appropriate effective measurement methods concurrent with latest technologies.
- The writing and control of automated measurement programmes.
- Supporting the development of appropriate measurement fixtures.
- Completion of measurement studies.
- Writing measurement reports which include statistical and layout inspection as appropriate
- Participate as required in validation activities relating to control plan measurement methods
- Train associates in the use of relevant metrology equipment.
- Raise appropriate Standard Operating Procedures as required.
- Raise, submit and justify CB2’s as required.
- Ensuring adequate metrology equipment maintenance and control of the relevant service contracts.
- Provide local troubleshooting expertise when issues arise with measurement equipment.
- Administration of the Intranet Quick Place site.
- Ideally degree or above in related engineering/quality discipline
- Preferred accreditation to relevant professional bodies
Minimum Greenbelt certified
- Relevant experience within a quality control environment working with a range of measurement equipment and with the knowledge of a wide range of measurement techniques.
Employee Signature: Date:
Department Manager: Date:
HR Manager: Date: