To carry out all administration duties to ensure the transport department operates in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Key areas of responsibilities
1) Customer service
2) Processing POD’s
3) Data input
4) Daily Reporting
General Transport Duties
- Import or enter all transport jobs into the traffic system to ensure correct information is given to haulier and that they are aware of any restrictions.
- Co-ordinate activities between hauliers, depots and delivery locations to ensure that the product is delivered according to the plan, and reassess if there are any delays.
- Update all depots on a daily basis as to any changes that may occur during the process of a working day.
- Remain in constant contact with hauliers until all jobs for each day are complete.
- Process POD’s and POD control, to include follow-up with hauliers to ensure that any POD’s missing are located, returned and indexed. Adhere to customer requirements.
- File all documentation in a timely and accurate manner.