From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Xperi is now looking to recruit a skilled 3D Rendering Software Architect to join our Machine Learning Data team. The ideal candidate is expected to assume a technical leadership role in the design, architecture and development of a software toolchain related to image synthesis and processing. He/She will have a proven record of having worked on 3D tools or game engines, including tools for creating 3D models of various objects, creating and modeling 3D environments, animating objects within 3D environments, lighting and high-quality rendering of these environment and objects. In addition, the candidate is expected to demonstrate a structured and detail-oriented approach to their work and follow rigorous engineering approaches. The candidate will be self-motivated and focused, comfortable collaborating with geographically dispersed teams, passionate about 3D modeling and SW engineering, a team player, and eager to make a difference as a member of a motivated team.
The successful candidate will be part of the ML Data team responsible for developing advanced 3D data acquisition and annotation system and tools, 3D modeling tools to simulate real-life scenarios and objects and generate realistic annotated 2D images, which are used to develop and test our imaging technologies.
- Build, as part of a team, rendering SW framework to produce annotated photo-realistic 2D video or still images from augmented 3D environments
- Develop an automated integrated SW toolchain to process 3D scenes and objects and generate high volume of images and videos along with metadata
- Act as a technical expert in designing SW components for visual 3D scene building, animation and rendering
- Build a collection of 3D model assets for real-life environments and objects
- Create complex real-life 3D scenes by integrating 3D environments and 3D objects, advanced lighting, animations and other special effects
- BS in computer science, machine learning or mathematics
- Very strong programming skills in C/C++ and related 3D technologies (OpenGL, OpenCL, CUDA)
- 5+ years of industry experience with software development, ideally with game engines or similar 3D pipelines
- Experience implementing animation and rendering techniques like inverse kinematics, shaders and blend-shapes
- Experience scripting 3D tools to automate tasks
- Fast learner, able and driven to stay current with cutting edge
- Excellent mathematical skills, especially multi-dimensional geometry
- Great organizational and communication skills, proven team player
Would be a plus:
- Familiarity with recording motion capture for animation
- Experience or knowledge in computer vision and image processing (algorithms, image formats, digital camera architecture and functionality)
- Experience with audio content creation or audio data processing
- Experience in leading teams
- Certifications in relevant software suites