Pilz is a successful dynamic international company specialising in the provision of safety engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. Through our dedication and customer orientation, Pilz has achieved an excellent reputation in this field. Our employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain our position as one of the leading brands in safety.
Pilz offers complete automation solutions based around its core skill of safety – in everything from the sensor technology to the control systems and actuators. The product range includes corresponding software tools, diagnostic and visualisation systems as well as engineering services.
Pilz Ireland (www.pilz.ie) is based on the Model Farm Road, Cork and houses in the following divisions:
- Pilz Software Research and Development
- Pilz International Services Group (ISG)
- Pilz Global Accounts Management
- Engineering & Automation Services and Solutions Ireland
Through the provision of Pilz Services, we assist our customers by developing outstanding safe automation solutions locally and internationally. We ensure legal compliance and operational effectiveness when purchasing, modifying existing equipment, designing new equipment and constructing or installing new plant and processes. We provide cost effective solutions for improving existing plant, equipment or processes.
Our team comprises of:
- Senior International Engineers
- International Project Managers
- Services Systems Coordinators
- International Engineers
- Interactive Systems Designers
- Communications Support Assistants
We are looking to expand our team and are currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer (in-house) to join our International Services Group.
Take your engineering career to a new level working with Pilz from our global headquarter function in Cork.
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will work with a team of talented international professionals in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment. As Automation Engineer working within ISG you will participate in external and internal technical projects that are varied and encompass a range of disciplines such as automation, industrial installations, electrical/pneumatic systems, etc.
- Preparation of compliance and safe automation solutions for our customer
- Provide engineering design consultancy to International leading customers
- Technical Review of international projects working in collaboration with other Pilz countries
- Research & Development on new technical engineering and automation technologies and systems
- Provide support, advice and assistance to Pilz engineering teams worldwide
- Partner and participate in the coordination and delivery of international projects
You will be self-organised, strongly motivated, energetic and upbeat; take a logical and systematic approach to problem solving; be a perfectionist who strives for timely completion of projects; have the ability to prioritise the urgency of multiple requests and then take charge of these to meet deadlines; and you have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical engineering role
- A relevant engineering degree, preferably in automation, electrical or industrial or a related discipline
- Experience with some machine elements including: Electrical Control, AC/DC Motors, Inverters, Drives, Pneumatics, Hydraulics. Such experience may include installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written