What is required
Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are seeking applications for the position of a Commercial Manager in North Dublin (Swords) for a Specialist Construction Contractor. Our client is a leading Specialist Contractors with a history of completing innovative and award winning designed projects to the highest of standards. They are looking for an experienced Commercial Manager with a view to joining the board at a later date.
- Report on the financial performance of Contracts on a monthly basis using the existing cost control reporting system.
- Continually seek to improve our systems and procedures as they relate to your department.
- Embrace Lean Manufacturing technique as they apply to your area.
- Prepare and review monthly cost reports for current projects.
- Liaise with Finance Director on cost overruns as they impact the budgeted mark-up on contracts.
- Review costs regularly with Project Managers and report on discrepancies.
- Review contractual arrangements between Contractor and Main Contractors / Clients.
- Create an early warning system for problematic projects and report feedback to Estimating to close the loop.
- Prepare and submit interim payment applications for on-going projects.
- Prepare and submit change orders and variations to on-going projects.
- Attend site to review progress and agree monthly valuations with M.C. Quantity Surveyors.
- Negotiate and agree final accounts with Main Contractors / Clients.
- Where necessary, prepare extension of time claims and any other contractual claims.
- Ensure the accuracy of the monthly payment applications of the Surveying Department, including the supervision of the work of other QSs.
- Ensure that monthly payment applications are presented in a timely manner, since the timing of valuations has a critical impact on cash flow.
- Be responsible for the output of the Surveying department.
- In co-operation with the Contracts Manager appoint installation sub-contractors and other key sub-contractors.
- Assess sub-contractor payment applications and certify payments, and when not personally certifying work, supervising the work of others.
- Pre-tender and post-tender discussions with clients and professional teams
- Resolve contractual issues with Clients, Design Teams, Main Contractors and Subcontractors
- Attend project meetings and identify potential variations and revenue-generating opportunities
- Assist Estimating with detailed measurements, take-offs and contractual matters, where necessary
What you need to have
- Proven track record in Quantity Surveying and commercial management
- The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 10 years’ experience in built environment construction and hold a quantity surveying honours degree from a recognised third level institution
- They must have strong commercial management ability/awareness, client liaison skills, project management expertise, proficiency in team leadership and a talent for negotiation
- They must also have experience in multiple forms of contract
What you get in return
- Excellent working environment
- Competitive package in line with experience
- Excellent exposure to leading projects in Ireland and some in the UK in a fast paced environment
- Directorship as the role develops and progresses for the successful candidate
If you are interested in this role, Please click apply or contact Michael on 01 707 1012 today