Software Engineer –
New Graduate position, excellent opportunity to learn within a supportive Technology Environment.
Our Client are currently looking for 3 or more Java Software Engineer, start date likely to be Summer/ Autumn /Winter 2018 depending on candidates availability
The candidate will work in the Dublin development team, supporting Our Clients risk management system and working closely with the consultancy team to develop new functionality, rapidly solve problems and enhance existing aspects of the application.
This is an entry level position and it is most suitable for recent graduates (2011/2012) who have an outstanding academic record and who are interested in becoming a functional java developer in a client focused business.
• Maintenance and enhancement of the existing application.
• Design and implementation of new functional modules from start to end.
• Working with business consultants across different time-zones to diagnose problems and suggest fixes.
• Planning and prioritizing development priorities working closely with the rest of the development team.
• Learn about the business logic of the system and all technologies related to MLC (e.g. Java, XML, Oracle, Sybase, Ant).
• 1.1 or 2.1 degree in Computer Science / Maths / Software Engineering/ Physics
• 450+ CAO points in Leaving Certificate (or equivalent).
• Knowledge of Java programming is a prerequisite ( from your academic studies)
• Fluent written and oral English is essential
• Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved.
• Ability to work on both short-term and to ensure client demands are fully met
• Ambitious, motivated, eager to develop within a team environment.
• Willingness to display flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment is essential.