Our clients, part of a large multi-national firm, are looking to recruit an IT Service Desk role, for a contract position, with the possibility of being extended or becoming permanent.
This role will report into the IT Service Manager.
The IT Service Desk Lead will be responsible for the administration and coordination of the local IT
Service Desk activities.
The successful candidate will play a key role in evolving how the IT Department supply support
services to the business. You will forge close working relationships within the all departments and
act as the bridge between both internal/external IT Service Providers and the company.
This role will be responsible for a high standard of customer service with excellent communication
skills and the technical ability to support desk side issues as required. The successful candidate will
be challenged with coordinating multiple IT support suppliers, maintaining standard processes and
procedures for the Service Desk and delivering the full cycle of Incident/Problem/Service Request
• Supervising the Service Desk activities, ensuring day to day operations activities are assigned and managed through to completion
• Responsibility for ensuring the Service Desk is operating efficiently and looking at opportunities to improve this efficiency
• Ensuring quality of tickets are categorised, prioritized and assigned to the relevant support groups
• Consultation with 2nd/3rd level internal/external technical teams to resolve incidents that are beyond the technical scope of the IT Service Desk, identifying improvements in processes as a result (Lead Experience)
• Liaise with Business functions on Incident/Request escalations; ensuring end user impacts are clearly documented, communicated & managed accordingly
• Monitor & report on the compliance of our support suppliers and internal service levels within the Service Desk
• Assist in identifying resolution gaps within the Service Desk and author knowledgebase submissions accordingly
• User Management administration and recertification of authorisations/permissions for business and IT applications in line with HQ requirements
• Maintain hardware/software asset register and associated activities
Qualifications & Experience
• Third level Diploma/Degree in Computer Science/STEM
• 3 - 5 years’ experience within an IT Service Desk, ideally in Financial Services industry, with a knowledge of KPI’s, SLA’s & industry standards
• 1 + years’ experience with a lead role or equivalent responsibility
• ITIL/ITSM recognised certificate required
• High level of motivation, flexibility, drive and personal commitment
• Working knowledge of IT Service Management tools illustrated through previous work experience; HP Service Manager, HP Application Lifecycle Management, Jira
For more detail please call Keith on 01 4663983 or Email Keith@executiveedge.ie