Our clients, a multi-national supplier of Plant and Services to the manufacturing sector, are looking to recruit an experienced Automation Engineer to work in a varied and challenging role. This role is permanent, and can be located on client sites around Ireland.
• Design of system architectures utilising the latest technologies.
• Detailed design and specifications.
• Software Development
• System Validation, FAT, IQ, OQ, PQ
• System installation and commissioning of projects
• Communication with other departments [Process, Electrical, CAD]
• Risk analysis for Health and Safety planning
• Liaise with Project Managers on project budgets and cost estimates.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience.
• Familiar with automation project execution including writing FDS, PLC and/or SCADA software writing, Validation (such as FATs, IQ, OQs, SATs.) and commissioning activities.
• The ability to write PLC code for Siemens and/or Rockwell PLCs. Likewise ideally familiarity with configuring SCADA systems such as Intouch, FTView, System platform, Win CC or Ignition.
• Familiar with various I/O systems and networks such as Profinet, Ethernet IP, Control net, Profibus and so on.
• Familiarity with typical process equipment used in dairy, brewing, beverage and pharmaceutical processes would be adventurous.
• The ability to be able to read Process Descriptions and P&ID’s • Contribute to project meetings.
• Uses effective communication and interpersonal skills, excellent written and spoken English.
• Capable of coordinating with third parties and end users.
• Capable of working on own initiative, good schedule management.
• Third level qualification in an appropriate engineering or IT discipline, higher diploma or honours bachelor degree (NFQ level 8+).
• Ability to travel to site for client meetings, surveys, periods of installation and commissioning.
• Ability to live and travel in the EU.
• Full driving licence (Ireland, EU or UK).
For more information, please call Keith on 01 4663983, or send your cv to email@example.com