Our customer is currently looking for a QA Engineer to join their ranks, this is an exciting new opportunity for someone looking to advance their career. The role of the QA Engineer will be to effectively quality gate, maintain our customers quality and standards for all their IT applications across the business.
Key Aspects of the role:
- Review of requirements in system/sub-system level, defines test requirements, specifications for consistency and convert them into test cases.
- Translates Test Policy and Test Strategy within his/her domain area into technical solutions for testing.
- Conduct research and make recommendations with respect to usage of new test techniques, methods, specifies requirements for, and evaluation of (possible) test tools, to support test engineering in general.
- Ensure the creation of an infrastructure for optimum usage of these tools like JIRA, MANTIS … etc.
- Execution of system level tests both functional and non-functional (Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, Web Testing, User Acceptance Testing) including design, preparation and implementation of tests.
- Document test evidence and record-keeping of defects & issues into the defect tracking system.
- Adding inputs to defect triage meetings.
- Assistance in test estimation, planning and risk management activities.
- Experienced in the Agile software development and QA lifecycle.
- Bachelor of Computer Science or similar.
- Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (ISEB).