As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks an Account Manager to join its industry leading sales team. You’ll be responsible for revenue and profit growth of programs and services in targeted accounts. Using a consultative sales approach, you’ll build relationships with existing customers by executing system assurance programme that meet their key business needs. With strong account leadership, you’ll also convert strategic competitive accounts and sell new technologies to current customers.
Ensures order and revenue growth of Company products and services to assigned customer and prospect accounts by analyzing and meeting customer needs; developing and implementing sales plans; selling products and providing customer support in an assigned geographic territory.
This role is based in the North Dublin area and will be full time on site support as account manager.
- Achieves annual sales targets by working with the District Manager, Strategic Account Manager, and Key Account Manager to establish selling strategy and tactics. Obtains orders and establishes new accounts; plans and organizes daily work; calls on existing and potential sales customers. Analyzes customer needs, requirements, and strategic plans recommending solutions with Company programs. Keeps management informed through regular activity reports and communications.
- Focuses on customer retention and improving customer satisfaction through excellence in the application of the Six Service Standards and customer feedback surveys.
- Manages the sales order process from order acceptance to delivery in a timely and professional manner; coordinates with marketing pricing. Manages customer contracts by verifying supplied products and contractual service levels. Provides technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer complaints, escalating as required.
- Adds customer value by acting as business consultant to customers’ key management; developing a thorough understanding of customer’s business, mission, strategy, operational issues; advising customers on best product mixes to accomplish their objectives; recommending customer discounts, custom solutions, and/or special considerations. Documents value offered and delivered to the customer in clear, customer accepted financial terms.
- In co-ordination with the District Manager, Strategic Account Manager, and Key Account Manager, achieves penetration of targeted new business opportunities through application of professional selling skills and sales planning techniques
- Develop sales plans and strategy for active and potential pursuits. Coach sales personnel in proposal development by identifying proposal themes and “selling points” and preparing various components such as executive summaries.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating product results and competitive developments; communicating customer requirements not currently offered by Company to Marketing.
- Builds effective customer relationships through effective business calls and customer entertainment at all levels of the plant organization.
- Assists Industry Technical Marketers by providing ongoing information regarding customer trends, issues, and requests related to products/applications/systems.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner; participating in team sales calls, proposal development, pricing presentations, consultative selling techniques, and order closing strategies; representing region at trade shows and customer postal counsels.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies.
- Supports and is committed to Nalco's Six Service Standards, CRM and CMV.
- Successful direct sales experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possesses knowledge and skill level of District Representative I position and demonstrates mature sales account management skills.
- BA / BS in a science or technical specialty
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.