Role: Accounts Assistant
Location: Galway City
Contract: Full-time Perm
Industry: Medical Device
This role will provide support to the Financial Accountant to ensure that the Company’s creditors and debtors are effectively managed.
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors, managing/ escalating overdue payments.
- Work with Sales & Marketing team to highlight outstanding accounts and work out customer resolutions to ensure faster and more effective payment schedules.
- Inputting and uploading customer invoices to company accounting system.
- Posting all customer receipts to Sage ensuring remittances advices are received and resolving any discrepancies.
- Raising commercial invoices, statements, credit notes etc.
- Ensuring revenue recognition cut-off is accurate; recognising goods in transit at month-end and raising relevant month end journals as required.
- Resolving customer queries via phone, e-mail in a timely manner.
- Raising journals for bank reconciliation purposes.
- Reporting directly to and assisting the Financial Accountant in the day to day activities of the finance department.
- 2–3 years’ experience in a similar role essential.
- Previous experience within a fast-moving AR environment is desirable.
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts.
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and accountancy software.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external customers and internal colleagues.
- Professional, confident and diplomatic when liaising with others.
To register your interest in this position please forward your CV to: Ciara Darcy, Principal Recruitment Consultant –email@example.com or call 091-455309. Please note your CV will never be forwarded to a third party without your prior permission and before full details of the role have been discussed.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.