We are currently seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant for our client in a very successful Hospitality business.
A superb Permanent position is now open in Galway for a Part Qualified / Trainee Accountant to join an extremely friendly and supportive team. This role will offer the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to progress their career within this well established and highly respected business.
This position will offer you a competitive salary, trainee support, additional benefits as well as fantastic career progression for the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Safe and Cash Control on a Daily Basis.
- Cash and credit cards and 360 reconciliation are processed on a daily basis
- To deal with daily transactions of petty cash and ensure that reconciliations and authorization are completed on a daily basis
- Ensure that the income audit checklist is prepared correctly and fully on a daily basis and ensure that this is signed off on a daily basis.
- Ensure that any cash or credit card discrepancies are followed up on a timely manner
- Ensure that any missing dockets are chased and given to accounts
- Responsible for the safe count of change and ensure the 360 machine is fully reconciled and correct count in the machine.
- Deal with any other queries or issues that arise with income audit procedures.
- Ensures transfers from the ledger to AR Ledger are accurate and done in a timely fashion
- Ensure debtors are contacted in a timely manner to ensure that they have received all invoices
- Deal with any customer queries in a timely manner to ensure we receive payment on time.
- Post payments received
- Balances accounts receivable system to the general ledger on a routine basis
- Balances and adjusts all house accounts daily
- Makes all necessary adjustments or credits
- Prepares all appropriate period closing reports and entries
- Overall, to assist in this area when needed and cover when required.
- Reconciliation of Invoices
- Cross checking invoices to delivery dockets and purchase orders
- Inputting/ Exporting of all invoices on a monthly basis
- To reconcile statements monthly.
- Deal appropriately with supplier queries.
- Also, to cover the Accounts Payable position when required.ie Process Supplier invoices, dealing with queries, reconciliation of statements.
- Assists in the preparation of month end reconciliation and in the final monthly closing of the accounts receivable system
Requirements and Experience:
The ideal candidate may currently be working as a Trainee Accountant or as an Accounts Assistant. You will have one- or two-years' experience working in an accounts department.
We are also eager to speak with potential candidates who may have worked in a hospitality business before, ideally you will have some accounts experience.
You must have strong numerical skills and excellent PC / IT skills. Good system experience. Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.