Role: Accounts Payable Assistant
This role poses an excellent opportunity to join a complex, fast moving and constantly changing multinational manufacturing environment.
You will process invoices from suppliers in an efficient and timely manner from initial input to final payment. The role encompasses taking full responsibility for the integrity of all supplier accounts by ensuring regular checks with supplier statements and resolving all issues with relevant requestors, managers & departments. All unresolved issues to be escalated to the Finance Lead
To be considered for this role you should have strong prior experience working in an Accounts Payable role, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
Experience managing relationships with suppliers and other departments/functions would be important. You must have excellent Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) & system knowledge of SAP is essential.
- Process accounts payable invoices.
- Raise debit notes per the VRMA process and follow up vendors for credit notes
- Completion of Intrastats returns and C&E reconciliations
- Perform creditor statement reconciliations.
- Create payments via banking online.
- Liaise with other functions on Receiving/Purchasing issues.
- Monitor GRNI and post invoices accordingly.
- Liaise with vendors when necessary.
- Create new vendors on the system.
- Update/amend vendor master record.
- Participate in month end process as required.
- Review processes & suggest improvements to streamline the AP function.
- Ad hoc tasks as required to support Finance Function.
- Back up for other colleagues where necessary.
- 3rd Level qualification in the area of Business / Commerce
- A recognised Accountancy Qualification would be desirable
- Minimum of 3 years working in an Accounts Payable role
- Excellent computer skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and skills in ERP applications
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English essential
To apply for this position or for further details on the role please send your CV in confidence to Ciara Darcy, Principal Recruitment Consultant – firstname.lastname@example.org Please note; your CV will not be forwarded to a third party prior to the role being discussed in full with you.
Following your application for this specific role, Sigmar may contact you regarding other positions that we feel you may be suitable for. If you do not wish to be contacted about other opportunities please let us know. For further information please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website.