At ResMed (NYSE: RMD, ASX: RMD) we pioneer innovative solutions that treat and keep people out of the hospital, empowering them to live healthier, higher-quality lives. Our cloud-connected medical devices transform care for people with sleep apnea, COPD and other chronic diseases. Our comprehensive out-of-hospital software platforms support the professionals and caregivers who help people stay healthy in the home or care setting of their choice. By enabling better care, we improve quality of life, reduce the impact of chronic disease and lower costs for consumers and healthcare systems in more than 120 countries. To learn more, visit ResMed.com and follow @ResMed.
Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s talk about the team and you:
ResMed’s Connected Health Innovation team is responsible for digital health technology innovation and development of digital intellectual property. Our goal is to leverage new ideas and creative thought from across ResMed to solve for superior outcomes, experiences and efficiency in health and wellness through courageous agile development, experimentation and learning. As the Behavioural Scientist for the Connected Health Innovation team, you’ll use your background in behavioural science and experimental research methods to inform decisions about how we design next generation solutions, how we develop product features to improve outcomes and the overall user experience in digital health. The role will collaborate closely with the development team, business partners, clinical and Advanced Analytics, serving as a subject matter expert in behavioural science. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground, as a founding team member helping to establish an entrepreneurial team culture. You’ll be part of a small empowered team, you’ll enjoy the freedom of broad and flexible roles.
Let's talk about Responsibilities:
- Work with the innovation team, business partners and advanced analytics team to conceptualise design solutions that will influence behaviour change, health outcomes and improved quality of life for patients
- Leverage behavioural science theory, models, methods, and engagement metrics to understand and predict human behaviour
- Design and execute research experiments and evidence-based interventions using multiple methods, from small-scale, quick A/B tests to lean pilots
- Build and refine behavioural interventions based on interactively-generated evidence, and make recommendations that can be implemented at scale
- Assist in the design and implementation of tools to help capture data (e.g. surveys, coaching content, analytics and data requirements etc.)
- Research and make recommendations based on the evidence-based literature to inform product development (e.g., the design of behaviour change interventions built into our products)
- Advocate behavioural science methods
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team, and able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams
Let’s talk Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven track record in designing and running studies that lead to the delivery of behaviour change solutions to market with product teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioural Science, Sociology, Psychology, or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ experience applying behavioural science insights and experimental research methods to real-world challenges
- You’ll have a deep understanding of user behaviours and motivations
- Proficient in research methods and behavioural science approaches for the purpose of influencing short- and long-term behaviours
- Experience gathering and analysing multiple streams of qualitative and quantitative data
- Training and experience in using statistical analysis software is required
- Ability to communicate complex technical and scientific approaches to stakeholders and teams
- You must be a result-driven individual who works well within a fast paced agile team environment
- Desirable Experiences:
- Experience applying behavioural science to the design of user-facing digital technology/services in the healthcare/wellness or medical fields is preferred
Okay, so what’s next?
Joining ResMed is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. Our hope is that each day you’ll uncover a new reason to love what you do. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered. ResMed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of.