Overstock Ireland is based in the beautiful Co. Sligo and is the European software development centre for Overstock.com, a technology driven online retailer and through it's subsidiary Medici Ventures a blockchain accelerator. We strive to offer a diverse and challenging career path using the latest technologies and platforms coupled with a great life/work balance in a cost effective location on the Wild Atlantic Way.
Enjoying an excellent company culture focused on delivering technical value for our company in a collaborative team environment, life in Overstock Ireland offers an genuine opportunity to make a difference in technology company with a wide range of business challenges. Couple this with a genuine work life balance, easy access to surf, hiking, fabulous beaches and a thriving local food and music scene and we feel we're got a fairly unique package on offer.
- Collaborates with technical and business users and work closely with the development and operations staff.
- Collaborates with business partners and vendors.
- Works with the Development Leads on technical projects.
- Mastery in software development/operations, understands all phases of the company software development life cycle, and builds and maintains frameworks.
- Understands all phases of information lifecycle management and provides guidance on data architecture best practices to enhance and preserve the quality of the company's information assets.
- Performs code and design reviews, consults on development/operations projects, and occasionally provides direct assistance on projects when there are particularly challenging and/or critical problems.
- Mentors senior and junior team members, increasing their awareness of code quality, performance, algorithm development, deployment methodologies/operations, provides technical leadership across all Overstock software and operations groups.
- Maintain and enhance the quality, performance and scalability of the Overstock code base and data repositories.
- Promotes a positive company image through participation in public presentations, writing, blogging, standards, consortiums, open source projects, mailing lists, industry collaborations, hiring, etc.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, good judgment, and decisiveness, especially in technical areas, adapts to changing business requirements and technology trends.
- Runs risk and performance analysis techniques across diverse projects.
- Helps define and promote development standards across development teams.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned by manager and upper management
- Follow legal policies as directed.
- Must have 10+ years of relevant, practical experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience in Systems Architecture, Data Architecture, OO and Functional design
- Experience building high performance backend systems for scalable web applications
- Agile experience
- Working with distributed team
- Preferably e-commerce experience
- An excellent understanding of microservice architecture and technologies
- Strong understanding of enterprise system architecture and patterns.
- Strong understanding of Spring Framework.
- An excellent understanding of Containers, Docker, CI/CD.
- Strong understanding of Cloud Architecture.
- An understanding of modern front-end technologies – React JS, Angular.
- Big Data Knowledge an advantage.
- A modern standard approach throughout automation, testing and delivery.
- Strong communication and presentation skills across technical and business concepts.
- Minimum of BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
Equal Employment Opportunity; It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.
What We Offer:
Health insurance for employee and family
6% matched pension contribution
Long term disability insurance
Free to use office bicycles
Flexible working hours
Regular company social events
Onsite barrista - Subsidised coffee
A modern impressive workspace
What We Value:
Wellness & Balance
Corporate Social Responsibility
Innovation - through on Medium, Digital Trends, and Digital Commerce 360.
This position requires you to sit, stand and perform general office functions. You may also be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Bending, stooping and reaching are also frequently required.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and associates. This policy includes our commitment to ensure that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status (including Vietnam era veterans), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other non-job-related characteristic protected by law.