Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
The Microchip FPGA Soc team is responsible for the integration of complex SoC functions such as RiscV CPU’s , memory and PCIe controllers turning FPGA’s into complete SoC solutions supporting our customers next generation products. Our team is growing, and we are looking for collaborative, creative team members to help us lead the industry transformation to build an adaptable intelligent world with domain leaders.
The creation off SoC systems to be used within the next generation Microchip FPGA devices. It is expected that the successful candidate’s will be able to customize and integrate internal third-party IP blocks, and to create custom code required for the SOC integration. The role will cover all phases from architecture through to silicon production release providing true ownership of the complete design activity. Microchip are targeting leading edge silicon technology and are using state of the art EDA tool flows for this project.The position will involve interaction with the Dublin based Architecture and embedded software groups as well as the Hyderabad India and US based logic verification and emulation groups.
- Verilog/ System Verilog
- AMBA Bus Structures
- ASIC Implementation flows including Synthesis and Timing analysis
- Familiarity with of at least two of the following:
- RiscV or ARM CPUs, AMBA Bus Interconnect, Ethernet, USB, SD/MMC, PCIe, DDR/LPDDR, ASIC MBIST flows, and Security related functions- (encryption, decryption)
Education and Qualifications
- Equivalent of Bachelor of Science Engineering Degree
- At least 2 years of professional experience in digital design or relevant technical field
- References to a particular number of years’ experience are for indicative purposes only. Applications from candidates with equivalent experience will be considered, provided that the candidate can demonstrate an ability to fulfil the principal duties of the role and possesses the required competencies.
What we offer?
- Working in an environment encouraging you to grow your professional skills with specific training
- Competitive benefits such as: Pension, Healthcare, Share Options, Bike to work etc.