This project was approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland in 2019. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11 month contract and will work directly for the Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA). The IWA are responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
About Irish Wheelchair Association
Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) has a vision of an Ireland where people with disabilities enjoy equal rights, choices and opportunities in how they live their lives, and where our country is a model worldwide for a truly inclusive society.
IWA is one of Ireland’s Top 1000 Companies and with 2,500 staff working in every county in Ireland, we are one of the top 100 largest employers in the country. We provide a wide range of services to over 20,000 members.
IWA-Sport is a recognised and funded Sport Ireland National Governing Body of Sport specifically catering for People with a physical disability.
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with the organisation’s business departments/units, stakeholders and volunteers. The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative and physical activity duties. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Overall Purpose of job
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Supporting the activities and programmes relating to the IWA-Sports Centre and gym (including fitness programmes, fitness classes, childrens sports camps, external events etc).
- Supporting the delivery of the IWA-Sport events programme.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and practical support for all programmes, events and initiatives that take place in the IWA Sports Centre, Clontarf.
- Provide hands on support on the gym floor with supervision, fitness programme design, fitness testing.
- Deliver fitness classes (subject to training)
- Ensure the upkeep of the facility
- Support the delivery of the IWA-Sport annual programme of events and initiatives.
- Take a lead role with supporting the delivery of our communications strategy to include, social media, website and other platforms.
- To support the team/organisation in achieving project and programme objectives.
- To coordinate and have direct responsibility for a project or a specific set of tasks related to a project/programme.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
The graduate must:
- Have graduated with a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January and November 2018.
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment.
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
- Strong planning and organisational skills and an ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Strong communication skills, including competency in written communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and IT skills.
- Honest, reliable and flexible.
- The post holder must be available to work over 7 days to include evenings and weekends as required.
- The post holder will report to the Coach Education, Technical & Events Manager
- A full clean driving license is required and use of personal transport for work related purposes is required.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary - €22K (based on a 12 month pro rata salary).
- Excellent working conditions.
- Training & Development opportunities.
- 24 days annual leave.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme.
Closing date for applications
- Friday 25th January 2019
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 6th February
For any queries please contact Recruitment Team on 01 805 5402
This job description is a guide to the general range of duties and is not intended to be either restrictive or definitive and may be subject to periodic review.
IWA is an equal opportunities employer.