Main purpose of the role:
Ensure the store operates efficiently and effectively and provide our customers with the very best customer service and fresh food offering at all times in a clean, safe environment. To deliver on key store targets (sales and profitability) through effective management of people and operations.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 2 years` experience in a relevant position is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Experience balancing cash/tills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good delegation skills
- Highly driven with a strong work ethic
- An understanding of how to achieve KPIs and targets
- Commerciality and brand awareness
- Passion for grocery retail
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- Actively live SuperValu brand-values i.e. Genuine, Passion for Food, Vibrant, Committed, Innovative and Imaginative
- Set, monitor and achieve sales targets with the team on gross profit margin, net margin, waste and other KPIs as agreed with Store Manager
- Implement planograms correctly and ensure the correct range is in place in store
- Merchandise and present the store to the highest standard
- Approachable and a role model who leads by example and encourages teamwork and fosters a positive attitude and atmosphere in the workplace
- Ability to develop and promote good communication between employees and management in a safe, respectful and inclusive environment
- Support Store Manager in the development and training of the team and in ensuring the smooth running of the store
- Manage employee performance, giving regular feedback, recognition and encouragement
- Deal with all customer queries efficiently, professionally and consistent with store policy
- Understand achieving margins in all departments
- Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working.