JOB TITLE: Assistant Resident Engineer
REF NO: J4578
REPORT TO: Technical Director
LOCATION: Donabate and/or Kilcullen/Athlone/Gorey.
JOB TYPE: Fixed Term Contracts
We are currently recruiting for the role of Assistant Resident Engineer to join our Roads team supervising contracts in the both the Donabate and Kilcullen/Athlone/Gorey areas. There are currently two separate appointments to be made. It is expected that the appointments will commence in May 2018 with a likely duration of between 12 and 15 months.
The role of the Assistant Resident Engineer will be to supervise the construction of Roads and Bridges and Buildings Works. The Assistant Resident Engineer will be part of the supervision team, reporting to the Senor Resident Engineer. The role includes for the administration of the contract in accordance with the particular requirements of the contract.
The Assistant Resident Engineer shall:
· Hold an honours degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent professional qualification in engineering.
· Have at least two years satisfactory experience in the supervision of Roads and Bridges and/or Buildings and related civil engineering works.
· Possess a high standard of technical training and experience, with excellent IT skills.
· Be competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
· Be competent in the reading understanding of plans and specifications.
· Have an excellent knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations, the implications for the organisation and the employee, and their application in the workplace.
· Have an excellent understanding of the role and duties of managers in safety management in the workplace.
· Have excellent knowledge and experience of civil engineering materials quality control.
If you would like to join a company that focuses on creativity in design and solutions and is passionate about the service it provides, join RPS. We are a recognised leader in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. Internationally, we have over 5,000 people developing pioneering, revolutionary ideas on strategic, sustainable policies and projects. In Ireland, we employ 600 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
Applications will be accepted via the following link only:
(Registration needed) including the relevant Ref. Number J4578
Closing Date: 27th April 2018
We do not require the assistance of Agencies at this time
Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.