Assistant Supervisor (s)
JOB TITLE: Designer’s Site Representative – Assistant Supervisors (Roadworks)
REF NO: J4492
REPORT TO: Designer’s Site Representative (DSR) Senior Supervisor
PROJECT: M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy PPP Scheme
LOCATION: Site Offices, Scarawalsh Roundabout, Enniscorthy, Co Wexford
JOB TYPE: Specific Purpose (Fixed Term)
DURATION: 12 months minimum contract duration
RPS is currently recruiting Assistant Supervisors (Roadworks/Structures) to form part of the Designer’s Site Representative (DSR) Team on the M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy PPP Scheme.
The M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy PPP Scheme covers approximately 40 kilometres of mainline road construction. The route of the M11 motorway section extends from the southern end of the existing M11 Gorey Bypass at Clogh, to a new junction at Scurlocksbush on the existing N11 north of Oilgate, totalling approximately 28km. It also includes approximately 12km of national road to be constructed as a western bypass of Enniscorthy.
The successful candidates will be key members of the DSR Team in supervising the road construction, reporting to the Senior Supervisor.
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the supervision and monitoring of construction works, particularly relating to earthworks, drainage and pavement works, on the project
- Execution of orders and instructions from the DSR Senior Supervisor
- Monitor and report on works being carried out, to the DSR Senior Supervisor, ensuring that the DSR Team are fully informed of all issues arising on site
- Compliance with site QA policy and documentation, in particular, reviewing method statements, technical queries, non-conformance reports and record keeping
- Compilation and preparation of as built records
- Contribute to project team performance by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, reviewing open issues/action items, sharing information in team meetings while focused on project completion within timelines
- Enhance company reputation by taking ownership over new and diverse client requests/challenges, proactively exploring opportunities to add extra value to job accomplishments
The ideal candidates will have:
· A recognised University Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent professional qualification as recognised by Engineers Ireland
· The following years’ experience dependent on the role requirements –
o A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the supervision of road construction / civil engineering projects for the Senior Assistant Supervisor role, or
o A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the supervision of road construction / civil engineering projects for the Junior Assistant Supervisor role
· Experience in the execution and supervision of roadworks, (particularly earthworks, drainage and pavement works) and structures
· A sound knowledge of the TII Specification for Road Works is essential
· Experience administering contracts using the Public Works Contract Forms
· A working knowledge of TII’s model documents for PPP Schemes is desirable
· Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), team working skills and analytical skills
· The ability to lead and motivate, willingly take ownership of issues and seek team participation to achieve best solution
· Capabilities to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and make recommendations
· The capacity to work in compromising situations and be able to devise new approaches to problems encountered
· Excellent IT skills and familiar with relevant computer applications
Having completed the following health and safety training, with relevant certification would be a considerable advantage (Please state those completed in your application):
· Safe Pass
· Manual Handling
· 1 Day H&S at Road Works
RPS is a recognised leader in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental and project management consultancy. Internationally, we have over 5,000 people developing pioneering, strategic and sustainable projects. We employ over 400 people in Ireland, who we consider to be the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.
Closing Date: 9thFebruary 2018
We do not require the assistance of Agencies at this time
Note: As with all positions, due to the dynamic nature of RPS’s business, key responsibilities will evolve and change over time.