Associate Director Intensive Livestock Business Unit
MSD AH Leopardstown
Are you ready to Invent, Impact, Inspire?
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our Animal Health division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
At MSD Ireland, we are committed to ‘Inventing for Life’ in all that we do. We keep the patient at the very heart of all that we do and strive to find solutions and treatments for some of the world’s most challenging healthcare needs.
MSD Ireland is one of the country’s leading healthcare companies, having first established here over 50 years ago.
We currently employ over 1,700 employees, across four sites in Ballydine, Co Tipperary, Brinny, Co Cork, Carlow and Dublin and, in addition, operate substantial Human Health and Animal Health businesses.
In total to date, we have invested %242.5 billion in our Irish operations and our annual turnover ranks us as one of Ireland’s top 20 companies. Currently, our Irish sites manufacture approximately half of MSD’s top twenty products, saving and enhancing lives in over sixty countries around the world.
With almost 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, you will be joining one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies.
MSD ANIMAL HEALTH
MSD Ireland’s Animal Health team is committed to the science of healthier animals. Based in Red Oak, Leopardstown, Dublin, MSD Animal Health is a leading veterinary pharmaceutical supplier to customers in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, providing a full range of vaccines and pharmaceutical products for cattle, sheep, pigs, dogs, cats, horses, poultry and aquaculture.
MSD’s network of animal health professionals, work to deliver novel products and solutions that improve the health, performance and well-being of animals, ensure sustainable food supplies, protect public health and help people and pets enjoy their lives together.
JOB DESCRIPTION & SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES
The Associate Director (ILBU) will have full Sales and profit accountability for the business unit and will have three direct reports. The person, in conjunction with their direct reports, will be responsible for all Key Accounts across the Pig, Poultry and Aqua businesses.
- Prepare operating budgets, sales and profit forecasts for Unit that are consistent with short and long-term strategic business objectives
- Achieve or exceed sales and profit targets based on pre-established financial targets
- Establish and maintain regular contacts with key customers, key opinion leaders, and authorities across the country, promoting communication and customer loyalty.
- Visiting key customer personnel on a regular basis accompanied, where necessary, with colleagues to promote customer retention and sustained business growth.
- Stay informed of industry and competitive activities. Keep MSD AH management team informed of trends or other competitive initiatives that could impact the Business Unit.
- Continuously monitoring the potential financial impact of significant events within the country and developing comprehensive business plans
- Responsible for the Marketing plans to ensure a sustained growth within the business
- Determine the launch of new products, positioning, promotions, required support while bemnchmarking against agreed targets
- Responsible for the delivery of technical services to support customers’ needs
- Reinforce commitment to ensure full compliance with all company policies as well as applicable government regulations while maintaining a work environment that promotes and fosters MSD’s Leader Behavior.
- Lead, guide and motivate the team
QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE - KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Science or Business preferred but not essential
- Significant commercial experience in the Irish market in industries such as: Pharmaceutical, Animal Health, Animal Nutrition or Crop Protection.
- Min. 5 years in a leadership position with substantial experience of working in a highly competitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders and manage the team through leadership skills
- Min of 2 years sales management experience leading a successful team
- Have proven strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- A thorough understanding of the dynamics of the Irish Agricultural Industry
So, if you are ready to:
INVENT solutions to meet unmet healthcare needs
IMPACT the future by joining MSD, one of the world’s leading healthcare companies
INSPIRE your team to reach their full potential and push the boundaries of science and technology
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms / recruitment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.
*HJFeaturedJob: Direct Sales Generic MAH
Job Title: EMEA-Ireland-Leinster-Dublin
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland
Employee Status: Yes, 50 % of the Time