MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our Manufacturing Division, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Due to continued growth and investment, MSD are hiring an Associate Director, Process Engineering within Global Engineering Solutions (GES) supporting the MSD Capital Project Portfolio. The Associate Director will support the portfolio of capital projects and initiatives for the Large Molecule (Biologics/Vaccines/Sterile) Line of Business, with initial assignments supporting Sterile Drug Product Projects, and is expected to develop and maintain advanced technical knowledge in their respective area(s) of expertise.
The Associate Director will participate in a high performing team as Process Lead and be responsible for implementation of capital project scope and technical studies that support MSD business objectives. Reporting to a Technology Director, the Associate Director will lead capital project Process Engineering deliverables ranging from early pre-charter activities, to process design & specification, and through commissioning & qualification, process implementation & realization of the solution. The Associate Director also leads studies, applies Lean methods, and provides consulting to ongoing projects and existing business operations.
The Associate Director will exhibit advanced leadership, interpersonal & communication skills, and provides guidance to assigned engineers. Successful performance requires advance technical knowledge in own field, knowledge in a variety of other areas including new products, processes, systems and facilities, and imaginative and innovative approaches to new and diverse problems.
- Responsible for development of project scope, front-end planning, and providing innovative designs & solutions that meet business objectives
- Provides technical guidance during project, assesses viability of technology in proposed configuration, verifies adherence to MSD standards and practices, and ensures deliverables are technically sound
- Leads preliminary designs, including P&ID development and HAZOP facilitation
- Provides leadership during project implementation, including Commissioning & Qualification
- Collaborates with other Integrated Project Team members and directs the work of vendors/suppliers in preparation of project related deliverables.
- Participate in the development and review of engineering guidelines, standards, safety/environmental policies, and change requests.
- Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) in Engineering or applicable Science or Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 8 years Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry in engineering, technology, and/or manufacturing in biologics or vaccines.
- Advanced understanding of hygienic, CIP, SIP design and unit operations specific to aseptic processing and/or biologic manufacturing. Experience in Large Molecule unit operation design, startup, and/or operation is preferred.
- Experience with equipment life cycle approach and Capital Management stage gate process
- Creative, innovative, thinks outside of the box, self-motivated, applies problem-solving skills, and solid base in engineering fundamentals and equipment troubleshooting
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork skills. Ability to get results in a cross functional environment and has ability to effectively collaborate with and influence partners.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Project/Time Management skills which deliver on-time and quality work
Why is this a compelling position for a dynamic and ambitious Process Engineering professional to consider?
- Excellent opportunity to play a key role in the future development of MSD’s Large Molecule supply network. MSD is undergoing a period of significant investment in expanding and refurbishing assets, presenting wide ranging opportunity to demonstrate technical acumen, leadership and innovation in delivering the capital portfolio.
- Superb opportunity to join the existing GES team in Europe and become a part of the broader MSD GES community which presents opportunities to be exposed to the network of sites across MSD worldwide whilst developing and growing your career.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and the people that matter the most in their lives.
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
MSD is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms / recruitment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MSD via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of MSD. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by MSD as a result of the referral or through other means.Job: Chemical Engineering
Job Title: EMEA-Ireland-Munster-Cork
Primary Location: EMEA-Ireland-Munster-Tipperary, EMEA-Ireland-Leinster-Carlow
Employee Status: Yes, 25 % of the Time