We need a talented Automation Engineer to join our existing team of specialists in Cork. You will be tasked with leading the design, commission & validation of machine vision related solutions, primarily for FDA regulated companies. This exciting position offers you a unique opportunity to work with a talented team of engineers while developing and deploying cutting edge solutions for our blue-chip client base. The role is interesting, challenging, varied and will expand your skills in areas such as software, automation, project management and teamwork.
- You will take a leading role in the design, development, installation, commissioning & validation of the vision, electrical, software and automation-based elements of the solution at the customer’s site or machine builder facility.
- As subject matter expert, you will liaise with customers to ensure proper understanding of customer requirements are established from the outset.
- Generating documentation to GMP requirements (URS, FDS, FAT, IQ/OQ etc) when required and work entirely within the client standard operating procedures for such projects.
- Collaborate cross-functional teams such as the Quality team to ensure full compliance with solution requirements while providing technical expertise to the Sales Department at URS and project quotation phase.
- Promote continuous improvement through the provision of feedback to the engineering team in relation to deployment experience of integrated vision and software solutions.
- Be an active member of the wider engineering team, working to continually improve the deployment capability of solutions as well as focusing on increasing their maintainability.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies through periodical reviews of the latest technologies and related third party engineering solutions as they are available in the market place and where appropriate, make recommendations on such solutions.
- Hold a relevant third level qualification in an engineering discipline, preferably a BEng in Electrical / Electronic / Automation Engineering or a BSc in Computing / Software Engineering.
- 4+ years relevant industrial experience in an automation role ideally in the pharmaceutical packaging sector of industry.
- Expert level of PLC programming experience, preferably with Allen Bradley based control systems and with good working knowledge of Siemens based systems.
- Demonstrate excellent written and spoken communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Enjoy solving problems and have a can-do attitude
- Flexible to travel (nationally and internationally) and hold a full, clean driving licence
- A natural aptitude for programming and software systems, preferably using C#
- Knowledge of SQL and working with relational databases.
- Working knowledge of a CAD design package is advantageous.
- Employee Events
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Schedules
- Work From Home
- Professional Development
- Performance bonus