Growing Life Sciences Client in Waterford is looking for an experienced Automation Technician (Electrical & Mechanical) to join their expanding teams in this state of the art facility on a permanent basis. Shift position. Excellent opportunity.
What is in it for you?
- This is great unique opportunity to expand your skillset in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business. You will get exposure and experience in a lot of different areas
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and advancement. My client trains, develops and supports their people with clear career paths and promote internally where possible
- Attractive salary and benefits package on offer
- Friendly, inclusive and collaborative working environment. Team work, new ideas and thinking outside the box is very much encouraged
- Family feel culture but has the support of a larger global organisation
- Onsite parking and canteen facilities
- Shift role
The successful candidate will have a relevant third level qualification with minimum 4 years experience in a similar role within a high volume automated assembly manufacturing environment, Medical Device Industry preferred
A little about the role
You will maintain the automation equipment in line with H&S, operational and quality work instructions, procedures and policies to ensure the production of quality product in a timely, safe, efficient and compliant manner.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance, completing all associated documentation, paperwork and records.
- Maintain automation equipment in excellent condition ensuring consistent quality, output and yield.
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
- Lead and implement process improvements to achieve more efficient operations, while adhering to change management, quality and all cGMP requirements.
- Support with the commissioning of new equipment / projects.
- Order and maintain appropriate stock of spare parts.
- Flexible to travel to support new equipment buy-offs / training.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives and ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Cross Train and coach junior technicians as required.
- Minimum Level 7 or Level 8 qualification in Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical / Automation Engineering, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics or similar.
- 4 years + experience in high volume automation / robotics required. Experience in a medical device manufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Experience in Pneumatics, Electronics, Hydraulics, Programmable Controllers, Servo Motor drives, Vision systems, Ultrasonic welding, workshop machining desirable.
- Understanding of Process Capability.
- Understanding of MSA or GR&R.
- Experience in leading process improvement projects in medical device environment.
- Experience in FAT, SAT, IOPQ of automated assembly lines.
- Systematic & structured troubleshooting / problem solving skills.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Adherence to change management procedures and cGMP requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High level of safe working practices and awareness.
- Computer literate with MS Office skills.
- All applicants must be available to work shift.
Click APPLY NOW to review the full job spec and discuss this amazing opportunity in more detail.
You might also ahve searched for maintenance technician job, automation technician job, electrical technician job, mechanical techician job, technician job waterford, medical device job waterford.