Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Ryanair DAC, Lauda, Buzz, Malta Air and Ryanair UK. Carrying over 153m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 87 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 37 states on a fleet of over 475 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable Ryanair Holdings to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair Holdings has a team of more than 19,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and extending an industry leading 34-year safety record.
Ryanair is currently recruiting for a Tech Services Avionics Engineer.
Based in Dublin, the successful candidate will join a team of experienced engineers to ensure the continued airworthiness of our fleet of over 450 Boeing 737-800 series aircraft. You will also work on various projects as we prepare to introduce the Boeing Max to our fleet from early 2019.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services you will create and issue engineering orders, create technical reports in support of issues (e.g. Incidents; Significant Defects) and liaise with Boeing and equipment manufactures on resolution of technical issues.
This role will involve working a shift pattern including night shifts.
The Technical Services Avionics Engineer will work within a small dedicated team and provide support in the following areas:
- Providing a detailed review of Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives;
- Providing troubleshooting support to Maintrol; Base Maintenance and Line Maintenance;
- Creation of design modifications in support of Ryanair’s Part 21 DOA;
- Support of Reliability section in the identification and resolution of repetitive failures across the fleet;
- Generation and editing of applicable operator documents (MEL; Tech Notices; Procedures Notices);
- Provide support of aircraft lease returns relating to Avionics issues;
At least 3 years experience working in an airline in a Tech Services or in line maintenance with strong avionics input;
- Aeronautical/Electrical/Electronic Engineering Degree or B-2 license.
- Excellent technical knowledge of the B737ng
- Flexible approach with project delivery being a high priority.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both in-person and by electronic means.
- Computer literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Software Programs [Word, Excel]
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong attention to detail in multi-tasking situations and the ability to deliver results to tight timelines.