We are looking for an innovative AWS Dev Ops Engineer to work within a collaborative team focused on scaling up our production infrastructure. You and the team will be focused on site reliability, security, and scalability to manage our rapid growth.
You will be involved in all aspects, from helping us define and implement AWS/Cloud infrastructure best practices, evaluating different approaches, to hands in implementation, and planning continuous improvements. You will bring a team-oriented, (customer-centric) mindset to identify opportunities and solve customer problems across all areas of the company.
If this is something that you would like to hear more about, we'd love to hear from you.
Terraform, CloudFront, S3, EC2, DirectConnect, EKS, HELM, Code Deploy, Jenkins, AmazonLinux, Packer, RDS, Route53, AWS Lambda.
Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications
The Value you will deliver:
- You will drive cloud first projects; migrating onprem applications.
- You will collaborate with our Architecture, Development, DBA and Infrastructure teams to help us define interoperability across systems and processes.
- You will advise on any changes needed in our continuous deployment, system and reliability practices, bring a “true best practice” approach to play.
- You will work within a cross functional agile deployment team.
- You will deliver on continuous improvement and maintenance of our systems
The skills you will bring:
- 2+ years’ experience working with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or Cloud Formation).
- Experience in AWS and cloud technologies.
- Experience applying software dev practices to infrastructure deployment.
- Determination to be ahead of the curve; discovering new solutions
- Experience migrating from hosted traditional stack to a cloud-based stack.
- Experience developing docker solutions: Kubernetes, EKS, HELM.
- An innovative mindset, you will always be seeking creative ways we can improve
- Excellent Teamwork skills, you will collaborate with other teams within business to build solutions
- Exposure to Jenkins or Packer
- 25 days annual leave, increasing with years of service
- Company plan VHI Health Care & Dental cover for employee and dependencies
- A Pension commencing after probation period
- Participation in Workhuman’s employee recognition programs
- Discounted gift certificates
- Discounted TaxSaver Travel cards/free car parking (subject to availability)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Access to our Tuition Reimbursement Scheme
- Access to Workhuman University
- Additional ‘perks’ - Free breakfast cereal, fruit, tea/coffee, fantastic catered events and wellness activities throughout the year etc.
At Workhuman, we love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work through our people and our technology. Our human cloud-based applications are helping some of the world’s leading global brands connect culture to shared purpose. The Workhuman Cloud empowers employees to thank, talk and celebrate each other, creating an environment that sparks gratitude and human connection while increasing employee engagement and productivity.
Did you know:
- We have an award winning culture, we were #1 Great Place to Work in Ireland 2019 medium-sized workplace, #4 in the 2020 Ireland large-sized workplaces and were named as one of Irelands Best Workplaces for Women 2020 by Great Place to Work
- There are currently over 4.5 million users on Workhuman® across 160 countries.
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination.