Biopharmaceutical Scientist - Athlone, Ireland(Joining bonus €3000)
We are vital links between an idea for a newmedicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands ofemployees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for ourpurpose: toimprove health.Youwill be joining a trulycollaborative and winning cultureas westrive to bend the time and cost curve of deliveringlife-saving therapiesto patients.
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offersfully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development,including analytical testing services in method development, method validation,method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP labstaff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, andInhalation.
The role of Biopharm Scientist isis toperform a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures toquantitatively measure small and large biomolecules using a wide range ofanalytical instrumentation. Working mainly independently, Scientists willinterpret analytical data in regard to acceptability and consistency and set upand maintain analytical instrumentation.
- Perform a variety of complex sample preparations
- Analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formations for stability testing and other studies for analytical testing support
- Review and compilation of results
- Performing work assignments accurately, timely and in a safe manner
- Training on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory procedures and guidelines.
- Education to a Bachelors or higher level inrelated subjects ie; Chemistry, Biochemistry.
- 3+ years’ work experience within a GMP laboratory
- 3+ years industry experience with Lab techniquesrelevant to Biopharm: ELISA, SDS-Page, Western Blot, HPLC. Capillaryelectrophoresis would be an advantage.
- Detailed knowledge of method validation; methoddevelopment would be an advantage.
- The ability to plan, schedule and carry out workfor successful project completion
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- The ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, wehave an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being ofour employees. We haveaflexibleworking culture, where PPD truly value awork-life balance.We’ve grown sustainably year on year butcontinue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eagerto share expertise and have fun together.Weare aglobal organisation but with a local feel.
- Joining Bonus
- Pension scheme
- Annual Leave 25 days
- Medical Health care cover
- Life Insurance
We have a strong will to win - We earn ourcustomer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD-
If you resonate with our five principles above, andultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeuticsfor some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit yourapplication– we’d love to hear from you.
As we are likely to receive many applications,sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.
GMP IEIE-IE-Athlone-Athlone IE Business & Tech Pkfalse802446truefalse