BiopharmaceuticalSenior Scientist - Athlone, Ireland ( Joining bonus €3000 )
We are vitallinks between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are thepeople of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected bytenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health.You will be joining a trulycollaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and costcurve of deliveringlife-saving therapies to patients.
Our GMPlaboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions forproduct development and analytical development, including analytical testingservices in method development, method validation, method transfer, release andstability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
The role of BiopharmSenior scientist is to perform complex laboratory analysis of pharmaceuticalproducts and proficiently uses analytical instrumentation, calculates andanalyses data and records data. Routinely acts as the project leader onmultiple projects, interacts with clients, reviews and evaluates data, writesreports and protocols. Responsible for the scientific conduct of the projectand communication of regulatory issues with senior level team members.
- Independentlyperforms method validations, method transfers and analytical testing ofpharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations.
- Designsand executes experiments with minimal supervision.
- Preparesstudy protocols, project status reports, final study reports and otherproject-related technical documents.
- Communicatesdata and technical issues to the client and responds to client needs
- Mentors,trains and coordinates laboratory activities of other team members and assistsin troubleshooting instrument and analytical problems.
- Assistsin designing method validation or method transfer protocols and establishproject timelines.
- Reviewsdata for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, clientcriteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Educationto a Bachelors or higher level in related subjects ie; Chemistry / Biochemistry.
- 5+ years’relevant industry experience within a GMP laboratory (with experience in thefollowing lab testing areasHPLC, UPLC,Electrophoresis (CE, iCE, SDS-PAGE), ELISA, spectrophotometry.
- Experiencein Method Validation, Method Transfer and Analytical testing.
- Detailedknowledge of method validation; method development would be an advantage.
- Theability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion
- Apositive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Excellentattention to detail
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, wehave an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being ofour employees. We have a flexible working culture, where PPD truly value awork-life balance. We’ve grown sustainably year on year but continue tooffer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to shareexpertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- Joining Bonus
- Pension scheme
- Annual Leave 25 days
- Medical Health care cover
- Life Insurance
We have astrong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are gamechangers - We dothe right thing -We are one PPD-
If youresonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate thedelivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgenthealth needs, then please submit your application– we’d love to hear fromyou.1
As we arelikely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to providefeedback to everyone.
PPDIE-IE-Athlone-Athlone IE Business & Tech Pkfalse801602truefalse