- Our client, a leading biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Building Services Engineer.
- This is a contract/ secondment role where the successful candidate will act as a representative for Prochem Engineering on site.
- As Building Services Engineer, you will be responsible for the implementation and supervision of successful design solutions for a variety of projects on site.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is essential.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of expert technical/engineering guidance on a variety of projects.
- Plan and coordinate all works, ensuring compliance to all regulatory, company and statutory requirements.
- Take responsibility for preventative maintenance work.
- Provide technical and validation support to relevant internal and external parties involved in projects.
- Monitor and regulate utility consumption to ensure maximum sustainability.
- Ensure site equipment purchased is installed, commissioned, validated to required specifications.
- Management of contractors on site.
- Project planning and monitoring of repair/ renovation works.
- Utilise CAD to ensure layout drawings are kept up to date.
- Inspect ongoing works and ensure compliance to regulations and specifications.
- Coordinate contractor activities to ensure no disruption to production on site.
- Prepare and review project design briefs.
- Manage all aspects of project-supervision of construction, installation of equipment and commissioning/ validation of equipment.
- Ensure all training is carried out on time and in line with project deadlines.
- Collate project plans for each phase of the project.
- Design of mechanical building services and HVAC systems.
- Generation of P&ID’s and other design drawings and documents.
- Preparation of tender documents and reports.
- Construction cost estimating and cost control.
- Client liaison and management.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Engineering (Building Services/ Mechanical).
- Extensive experience with Building Service and Facilities Engineering within a highly regulated environment (ideally pharmaceutical).
- Strong HVAC, CAD and BIM experience.
- Previous exposure working within a cleanroom environment.
- Sound knowledge of utilities.
- Excellent decision making and management skills.
- Deep understanding of project controls (budgets, forecasting, scheduling, planning, etc.).
- Ability to decipher design drawings and 3D models.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy or to discuss your career and other job opportunities in confidence, contact us: GC North Valley Business Centre, Old Mallow Road, Cork, T23 KC67, Ireland. +353 21 2066178 email@example.com