AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global payment and foreign exchange services. We can handle every aspect of a client’s foreign payment needs, from risk consultation to transaction execution.
We are currently hiring for a Business Development Manager based in our office in Dublin.
The business Development manager is responsible for growing new business revenue for AFEX Ireland by successfully prospecting, selling to and onboarding business clients. This role should act as a Brand Ambassador for AFEX, to act in a way that promotes AFEX’s vision of being a trusted business partner.
Strong base and healthy commission structure available to the successful candidate.
- Identifies business opportunities by sourcing prospects and evaluating their foreign exchange needs; researching and analysing to ascertain actual opportunity.
- Harvest sales channels within the sales region as per the regional strategy and target markets. This activity includes, but is not limited to: Business Networking, Exhibitions, Specific sponsorship events, Telephone solicitation
- Sells AFEX solutions using consultative approach, namely following a sales process to understand fully the client’s needs, presenting solutions based on these needs and fully explaining our value proposition and online platform.
- Manages client on-boarding in line with regional requirements.
- Works with Client Manager and ensures all internal processes and SLAs are followed to ensure exemplary customer experience.
- On a monthly basis meet / exceed revenue and new account targets set by manager.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending relevant industry events; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related individual and team results as needed.
- University or College degree required
- Substantiated interest in AFEX services and products, the foreign exchange markets and the SME business sector.
- Strong sales and analysis skills for successful business generation. Previous outbound business-to-business phone marketing or sales experience preferable.
- Ability to navigate corporate structures to identify decision makers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus strong interpersonal skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and focus, combined with effective organizational and time management skills.
- Professional approach to prospective and active clients coupled with strong listening skills.
- The ability to work as a team player towards a specific sales goal.
- Proficient in the usage of Microsoft Office products, Excel databases and CRM systems.
- Extreme attention to detail, particularly with respect to client information and payment data, plus strong mathematical skills.