Business Development Manager
This position will form an integral part of our Sales team. The key responsibility of the Business Development Manager will be to identify, target and capture new business leads in key markets. The development of an established customer base will also be an important element of this role.
The Business Development Manager role is to proactively manage customer relationships, discover customer needs, identify the benefits that our client can offer and close the deal.
The Business Development Manager ensures the implementation and understanding of our client's strategies, policies and requirements within their own area of responsibility and support the business in order to promote long and short term growth and profitability. He / She will also support all other business lines and functions with relevant knowledge, information and cooperation in order to optimise business solutions for the long and short term needs of the company.
Responsibilities and Key Activities
Customer relationship management
• Responsible for proactively developing and creating customer relationships in his/her area of responsibility.
• Accountable for creation and communication of leads and sales opportunities for all our clients products (cross-selling)
• Accountable for documenting the customer and contact information, and maintaining customer data in CRM (Prospect).
Sell Integrated Solutions, our clients Suite of products
• Develop a defined pipeline
• Meet Annual, Quarterly and Monthly Targets
• Produce new sales and increase revenue
• Increase client base
• Responsible for maintaining full information of opportunities and customer tasks. Accountable to log and update leads, opportunities, orders, contacts and contracts within the appropriate our clients systems
• Generate weekly / monthly pipeline report
• Participate in sales meetings
• Qualify leads and product demonstrations
• Develop business relationships with design architects and successfully get specified on projects
• Complete tenders and estimate enterprise level projects
• Provide after sales services
• Identify partner opportunities
2. Competences required
• Excellent communication skills
• Interpersonal and influencing skills
• Enthusiastic self starter
• Highly organised and the ability to work under pressure
• Excellent sales skills - Capable of working through technical specifications, estimating enterprise level projects, presenting this to the buyer and closing the sale
• Strong time management skills, with a proven track record in planning & delivering projects on-time
• Customer focused
• Good financial understanding
• Proficient in MS Office
• Flexible attitude and willing to travel to fulfil the requirements of the role
• Have strong negotiation skills to close sales
• Be capable of working in a busy environment and meeting buyers in relation to specific projects & contracts
• Presentation Skills - Presentations to customers and influencers above
• Full driving Licence
• Should have at least 2 years of experience in a similar type of role
3. Ideal qualifications and experience
Ideal qualifications and experience
• Should have at least 2 years previous experience in sales, preferably a software sales background.
• 3rd Level qualification
€55,000.00 - €65,000.00