Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Business Development Manager will execute and deliver on the sales plan and targets in line with company objectives in respect of winning new SME and corporate customers requiring contract hire, fleet management and rental business.
This is a ‘new business’ role so the successful candidate must have a passion for sales, cold calling, lead generation and networking. This role is suited to people who are ‘sales hungry’ and self-motivated to achieve challenging but rewarding monthly business targets. We are looking for someone who can exploit their exceptional sales skills for successful results.
• Pro-active in identification & development of new business customers for the company.
• Build and manage a short, medium- and long-term pipeline of realistic and credible prospects. Identify potential customers and develop a business development plan to reach them.
• Keep an up to date status on the pipeline and be in a position to report at all times.
• Following on from lead generation and appointment setting, your responsibilities will include actively and successfully managing the sales process:
- Building a rapport with the prospective client,
- Understanding their business requirements & potential,
- Presenting best solutions & negotiations of same,
- Complete a credit appraisal,
- Closing deal and completing contracts,
- Complete handover to client relations team,
- Consider future customer follow e.g. if unsuccessful this time, assess customer satisfaction, possible introduction to other customers.
• Ability to assess the creditworthiness of opportunities and submit complete credit proposals.
• Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales and revenue opportunities are captured and explored.
• Adhere to agreed sales procedures, including maintaining our CRM system and keeping all sales administration is accurate and up to date.
• Work effectively with other departments when handing over new clients, ensuring they are fully briefed in all relevant information.
• Keeping abreast of client issues, product knowledge and market intelligence, including attendance at appropriate networking events.
• Work well within the team environment, offering support, coaching and sharing successful sales techniques.
• Strong B2B SalesExpereince and a Passion for sales, cold calling, lead generation and networking
• Ambitious and looking for progression
• Self-motivated, energetic and driven
• Organised and structured
• Excellent selling skills with proven track record of at least 3 years
• Experience in selling financial leasing products a benefit
• Some travel and working remotely required
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to adapt your style to suit the situation
• Experience in proposal / tender writing
• Proven ability to deliver under-pressure to deadlines and monthly targets
• Strong IT literacy and strong proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
• Full Clean Driving license