A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for Care Workers to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Care Worker for Kerry (New Service)
Permanent, 36 & 30 hours
To provide a personal care service to individuals with Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Difficulties within a residential service setting, in an environment which values and respects the individual, fosters a positive behavioral support approach to supporting people with challenging behaviors and an environment that fosters community based living, personal development and social inclusion
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Candidates should have experience of working in a residential care setting
- Candidates should have experience of providing appropriate supports to service users with relevant disability and whose behavior may challenge.
- A champion of Person Centred Planning and Individual Action Plans.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote and actively involved in teamwork, creating a nurturing and supportive environment for the service user.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Actively participate in appropriate, educational, recreational and occupational programmes, enabling service users to integrate with their local community and access local resources.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- To have a positive can do attitude.
- To be flexible.
- To be interested in continuous improvement
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Friday, 22nd February 2019
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer