What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, you can work for a company that tackles the world’s toughest challenges. We’re creating solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. It takes vision. It takes focus. That’s why we’re bringing together the brightest minds and latest technologies – to push boundaries, drive real change, and create a brighter future for all. This is the kind of work we do. And you can be part of it.
What we are looking to achieve? Verizon’s Supply Chain organization is building a best-in-class, Global Strategic Sourcing Centre of Excellence based in Dublin. We wish to attract the biggest-thinking minds in the international strategic sourcing industry, to create, build and run a team that sets the benchmark across the globe, whilst driving outstanding shareholder value for Verizon. As a Principal Sourcing Specialist, you will be part of a team that will control and manage one of the largest annual technology spends in the world.
Responsibilities associated with the position include:
- Playing a lead role in supporting Verizon's cost savings and revenue generation business goals through the sourcing process for large spend category areas.
- Driving all aspects of complex strategic sourcing processes (e.g., taking the lead on contract negotiations of business and pricing terms and conditions, conducting research and providing benchmark data on pricing and/or other key terms).
- Processing large amounts of and varying types of data to extrapolate favorable conclusions.
- Working with Business Partners to resolve supplier-related business issues (e.g., invoicing/payment issues, contract language interpretation/clarification, contract pricing disputes).
- Maximizing Verizon’s purchasing power to achieve a lower cost while mitigating risk.
- Playing the lead role and simultaneously working with and leading multiple teams to guide selections of low-cost and highly technically qualified suppliers to provide needed services.
- Staying current with industry trends for assigned category area and becoming a trusted advisor to our Business Partners.
- Presenting new products, technologies, and services to existing or new suppliers to clients.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
- Experience in large-scale FTTH / FTTC / FTTP / FTTB in dense urban environments.
- Experience in large-scale Engineering and construction projects in dense urban environments.
- Working knowledge of telecommunications standards (i.e., Telcordia GR documents), including engineering specifications, drawings, and layouts.
- Knowledge of installation procedures, practices, and standards.
- Sourcing, quantity surveying and/or technical-related background in the telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of and experience with managing outside plant engineering and MDU fiber pathway engineering and construction agreements.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Quantity Surveyor, or equivalent experience in the Telecommunications industry.
- Credentials from Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), International Association for Contract & Commercial Management (IACCM), or Irish Institute of Purchasing & Materials Management (IIPMM).
- Experience in strategic sourcing, ideally in the technology areas (e.g., network equipment and infrastructure, software licensing, call center services, cloud, contracted labour).
- Ability to solve complex problems to ensure business and financial issues result in sound decisions.
- Experience in project management in complex multi-project and multi-geography environments.
- Experience as a telecommunications installer and / or engineer.
- PMP or Prince 2 certification.
- Lean Six Sigma experience.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite applications (including PowerPoint, Excel and Word) – MS Access a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.