Chief Operation Officer – Transportation
Our Clients, Part of a multi-national, are looking to recruit an COO ( Chief Operating Officer ) with Transport experience for a varied and challenging role. This role will report to the MD, and will be responsible for day to day operations of a 24 / 7 operation.
This safety critical role will ensure full delivery of the operational performance and the customer service elements of the firm’s operations:
- Leading transparent, open and honest partnership working with all direct staff, other departments, subcontractors and third parties
- Leading and continually reinforcing a customer service culture throughout their department and the wider organisation
- Managing the Operating function to consistently deliver a customer-focused, cost-conscious and highly effective service
- Leading culture change within the organisation
- Consistently achieving the highest standards of safety
- Leading and inspiring their teams to achieve the robust delivery of a consistently world-class service for customers
- Encouraging partnership working and transparency amongst the team
- Using data to drive continuous improvement across all areas of their responsibilities
- Providing constructive challenges to their team to reinforce and build on performance improvements
- Leading effective succession planning throughout the department
- At least 5 years in an operational and / or customer service management role preferably with transport bias. (Air / ferry / road / rail )
- Significant leadership experience and proven ability to deliver cultural and organisational change in a challenging unionised environment.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills: ability to engage with people at all levels in order to develop and agree clear actions plans.
- Determination and ability to advance the Performance agenda
- Superb attention to detail and drive to deliver to the highest standards.
- Ability to understand trends and reports
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills: ability to engage with staff, customers and stakeholders at all levels in order to understand their concerns and identify innovative solutions and opportunities for improvement.
For more information please call Keith on 01 4663983 or Email your CV to email@example.com