Cisco Unified Communications Engineer provides technical services that support data and voice communications systems with the goal of maintaining a highly reliable communications systems. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in managing enterprise infrastructure and proven ability to ensure high levels of voice and network availability. This is a hands-on position the candidate must have the ability to handle multiple functions simultaneously and independently.
Responsibilities but not limited to
- Design and execute plans to remediate voice and network risks and outages
- Provide technical expertise and problem resolution for escalated requests
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation of policies, processes and procedures
- Manage deployment of infrastructure voice and network technologies consistent with corporate standards
- Lead advanced troubleshooting efforts on voice, video and network infrastructure.
- Work with technologies that include, but are not limited to, Cisco Call Manager, Unity Connection, IM & Presence, Contact Center Express (Unified CCX), Cisco ISR43xx configuration, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Expertise with Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) and Cisco Unity Connections
- Expertise with Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service & Jabber
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be capable of multi-tasking in a high workload environment
- 5+ years’ experience in a Cisco network architecture, engineering and support role with experience in network design, implementation and support of large Enterprise networks.
- Third Level Degree or related IT qualification
- Cisco certifications preferred CCVP, CCDP, or CCIE