To lead, manage and co-ordinate the CSA construction scope associated with a large hi-tech construction project in Denmark with strict adherence to M+W safety, time, quality, change control, logistics, site co-ordination and security requirements.
Key project Attributes:
- Multiple buildings
- Large cut and fill exercise
- Complex underground services matrix
- Large concrete scope – pad foundations, ground floor slab and mezzanine slab on deck
- Large structural steel scope – large volumes in minimum time
- Building Envelopes – large volumes in minimum time
- High Quality architectural fit out
- Ensure that all project safety requirements are met and adhered to.
- Define the CSA objectives (in terms of safety, scope schedule, site management, quality, sub-contractor change control, logistics and site co-ordination) within the project scope and communicate those aims to the relevant sub-contact teams and within the M+W onsite team.
- To be the main point of contact for CSA subcontractor site management and be involved with the CSA subcontractor selection and procurement process.
- To be involved with the project decision making process, to be client facing when required and to create a good working relationship with the Client’s onsite personnel and the Client’s Representatives
- To help and support other team members and fully engage in co-ordination exercises.
- Work closely with the design team and offer advice and practical solutions on buildability and suitability of existing design solutions
- To be able to conclude a project to the Client’s satisfaction including snagging, commissioning, validation and room readiness
- To be familiar with and fulfil all the requirements of the Company procedures
- Take responsibility for the Set up the site cabins and welfare requirements, ensure water/power/IT/waste services are connected and the site area is kept clean and tidy and to a standard expected of an
- Contribution to the generation of, and knowledge of the agreed scope of work document for each CSA package.
- Contribution to the generation of, and knowledge of all the Project Construction Project Execution Plans (CPEP’s) with particular emphasis on the Construction Management CPEP, Logistics CPEP, Project Programming CPEP and Quality CPEP.
- To ensure all Requests for Information and Technical submittals issued by the Sub-contracting team on the CSA packages are followed up on and answered in a timely manner to ensure progress is not impacted.
- To understand and contribute fully to the implementation of Last Planner® methodology onsite. This methodology will form the basis of the lookaheads - where progress against that are fundamental to success in this role.
- To keep accurate records and ensure the team also provide detailed accounts of site activities. This includes maintenance of a detailed daily diary that records the execution works of in all area under progress – against the individual activities on the schedule. Recording progress in the diary includes reference to marked up drawings and the daily recording of spent manhours on a per building/level/area/sub-con/Activity ID basis.
- General working knowledge of both the Form of Head Contract and Sub-Contract being operated for the project and CSA Packages respectively. To full understand the correct procedures that comply with the contracts for change control, project reporting, defects liability and all other relevant aspects that a CM should be cognisant of in order to ensure contract compliance at all stages of the contract.
- To be aware of all the project risks, associated impacts and the necessary mitigations to those risks that M+W must manage. To contribute to the project risk log and actively work to close and mitigate all risk but in particular CSA associated risks. The CSA CM is a fundamental owner of project risk and this must be reflected in his/her approach to the role.
- Project Managers
- Commercial & Scheduling staff
- Client team and client representatives
- Design Team and 3rd party consultants