Our client is looking for a Clearing & Settlements Team Manager to lead a team of partners within the operations area consisting of Middle Office Trade Support and Asset Servicing.
- Manage a team of partners based in Limerick and Dublin (Monthly travel to Dublin)
- Manage the daily processing for financial products including vanilla
- Listed Securities, Exchange Traded Derivatives and Structured Fixed
- Income such as Corporate Bonds, Government Bonds, ABS, MBS, Repo, Reverse Repo, Loans and Money Markets.
- Oversee several asset servicing processes which support multiple clients including P&L posting, trade break resolution and reconciliations
- Continue to build out the HFS EMEA operations support model for
- Alternative Investments, Privates, and Bank Loans in line with related global development
- Work with Implementation team to on-board new clients
- Effectively communicate with IT to test and implement development and enhancements across the business areas and drive solutions to completion from BRD to system release.
- Create process flows and control tools to accommodate new business needs
- Work with business development to help prepare marketing material and participate in sales presentations
- Stay current on investment industry trends, including regulation that may be impactful to HFS services
- Knowledge of downstream valuation and fund accounting processes is a plus
- Communicate effectively with both internal partners, clients and counterparties, tailoring communication style to audience as required
- Perform all employee related administrative duties including hiring, compensation distribution, annual reviews and HR related requirements
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with Listed product workflows (trade capture, trade confirmations, trade settlement and reconciliation) and knowledge of industry platforms such as Omgeo CTM, SWIFT messaging and Prime
- Broker/Custodian websites is essential
- Ability to present services and lead demonstrations in prospective client meetings
- Knowledge of prime broker/ custodian settlements processes of listed securities for equities, fixed income and repos
- Deep understanding of various fixed income instruments including agency/non-agency CMOs, ABS, Sovereign Bonds, and Inflation-Linked bonds
- Experience working with system development testing/verifying accuracy of reports.
- Experience with excel modelling including VBA, if then statements, lookups etc.
- A strong Technical background to help trouble shoot system issues.
10 plus years of relevant experience, preferably in Hedge Fund Middle Office or Fixed Income Asset Servicing
- Familiarity with Hedge Fund structures, products and financial instruments with understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience directly managing employees
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in an extremely time sensitive conditions
- Proven team player experience and ability to work across global teams
- Degree in Finance/Accounting
For more information on this role or a confidential discuss please contact Chloe.