Cloud Deployment Engineer
About the role:
The Operations function is concerned with all aspects of service delivery management of the FINEOS Cloud for our customers’ pre-production and production environments. This includes up time, deployment, administration, and technology selection. We have an opening for a deployment engineer within the Cloud Operations team reporting to the regional Cloud Operations Manager - in Dublin/Atlanta.
The successful candidate will be part of a global team responsible for the integrity of the FINEOS Cloud stack in our customer facing datacentres and responding to our fast-paced environment. Key characteristics we are looking for; strong troubleshooting skills, AWS technical knowledge and excellent communication skills. Responsibilities will range from build, deploy, operate and maintain large scale multi-system SaaS environments. This role involves occasional out-of-hours and weekend work. Participation with the on-call rotations may be required.
- The Deployment Engineer will be responsible for the oversight and management of FINEOS' Customer facing applications, infrastructure, and network.
- Performing regular maintenance requests in the environments as part of continuous delivery of new functionality and services.
- Installing updates and patches as needed to ensure the health and integrity of our infrastructure and systems (environments).
- Provisioning new environments on AWS infrastructure for existing and new Customers.
- Recommend and implement changes to the Customer environment that upgrade the FINEOS Cloud platform.
- Enforcing the appropriate security compliance in Customer environments as agreed with the FINEOS Information Security Council.
- Collaborating with the global support team to resolve complex customer issues that span application, network, and cloud infrastructure.
- Monitoring the effect of changes and responding to alerts; including investigating for root cause.
- Contribute to our team knowledge base
- Work directly with customers, operations and engineering to research, troubleshoot, and resolve performance issues in a timely manner.
- Clearly and succinctly document communications with customers within our case management system.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through outstanding customer service and high quality technical responses.
- Effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required.
- Provide input on automation, and a systematic approach to configuration, deployment and infrastructure maintenance and recovery as well as continuing to improve the performance and reliability of the network and the overall service.
- Oversee operational activities within all aspects of AWS, to include VPCs, EC2 instances, RDS, volume snapshots and other key technologies
- Provide input into long-range infrastructure and networking requirements with a focus on meeting demands of a rapidly growing and scaling global service.
- Work closely with internal FINEOS teams on new features and their impact on the network and infrastructure.
- Work as part of a global team to provide 24x7 coverage.
- Familiarity with core concepts of security incident response, e.g., the typical phases of response, vulnerabilities vs threats vs actors, Indicators of Compromise (IoCs), etc.
- Strong technical understanding of the information security threat landscape (attack vectors and tools, best practices for securing systems and networks, etc.).
- Experience investigating security issues and / or performance and / or complex operational issues on AWS and Linux using/ analysing system, application logs or network traffic tools where appropriate
Skills and requirements
- Ability to own and drive Customer related issues to resolution working with the Customers technical teams.
- Proven ability to mentor other engineers within your team.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills for incident and problem management as well as stakeholder management (FINEOS Engineers, DevOps and Customer)
- Work well in a distributed, fast paced and dynamic team environment.
- Detail-oriented approach particularly in terms of documentation and procedures
- Strong commitment to great customer service
- 4+ years of experience providing system support in a technical environment working with customers, with special focus in system performance and stability (Software as a Service companies preferred).
- Proven technical background in web applications and applications system performance
- Strong planning, scheduling, and organization skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to absorb new technologies and features quickly.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Familiarity & Understanding of AWS public and private cloud architecture
- Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals, and common Internet protocols, in-depth knowledge of the TCP/IP Stack DNS, SMTP and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- At least three years’ equivalent work experience in a software delivery lifecycle and production deployment team
- Experience with SysOps activities managing relational databases
- Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting using tools such as Ansible, Bash, and PowerShell
- Familiarity & Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems and command line with ability to administer common Unix services (HTTPD, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP)
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. Computer Science / Information Systems / IT Operations Management
- AWS Certified Solution Architect, SysOps Administrator, OR AWS Certified Engineer - DevOps
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Linux+ (CompTIA)
- GIAC: GICSP / GCIP / GRID