A multinational financial service organisation requires a Cloud Engineer to join the technology group based in Cork.
You will deliver platforms and services that support critical business processes and create competitive advantage for the business and their stakeholders. As a Cloud Operations Engineer, you will be part of a team that delivers world-class AWS Cloud Operations across diverse applications, working in partnership with specialty technology services groups. Supporting initiatives in database infrastructure, deployment, management, configuration auditing, and any other areas where automation can yield improved service delivery.
What you will do:
- Contribute to all aspects of the Cloud operating model, from setting the foundations and landing zone best practices, through to day-to-day third-level support of business applications in partnership with DevOps Product groups
- Responsible for automation of resource provisioning and monitoring, inc. cloudWatch/CloudFormation/CodePipeline
- Develop and maintain Cloud Engineering solutions in the areas of IaC, high-availability, tagging, cost controls, backup,
- You will be responsible for patching and version management
- Capacity management in AWS database platforms, including appropriate scaling and architecture
- To ensure solutions are adequately documented and supportable, and delivered per Well-Architected Framework
- You will communicate information related to Cloud Engineering to other IT Teams
- Agile framework, including JIRA and Confluence
What you need to do the job:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Hands-on AWS-specific Cloud Engineering experience
- You will have experience with Infrastructure-as-Code
- A solid understanding and experience with AWS services including but not limited to RDS, Lambda, S3, EFS, IAM, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, AWS Service Catalog, AWS Systems Manager, ELB, Auto Scaling
- You will have experience of database platforms as a developer or DBA, inc. Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server
- You will have strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
- You will have some understanding of ITIL practices & other standard IT practices/procedures, particularly as they relate to Cloud
Please contact Leonie Gleeson if you have any queries on 0214221000