This Software Engineer is responsible for contributing the strategy surrounding cloud development and the tooling and applications that are made available by the firm’s cloud providers. As a developer on this team, you will be responsible for helping guide this new firm wide initiative. This position is permanent full time based in Cork with a global company
What you will do:
You will be responsible for design, implementation, and maintainability for robust, scalable, high-quality software for a product domain.
Take responsibility for complex project tasks and contributes to technical decisions to ensure successful delivery.
Work with fellow seniors to define a design that meets best practise in software.
Contribute to the software architecture for the overall product.
Technical contact point between and development subsidiaries as required.
Technical mentor for support, mentoring, coaching and guidance on technical tasks.
Active member of the best practice development function striving for and achieving higher standards of individual and team performance.
What you need to do the job:
- BSc in a related field such as Computer Science, Computer Eng, Elec Eng or equivalent and 5-7 Years’ professional development experience
- Core Java experience
- 2-3 years proven experience in cloud computing
- Experience in delivering cloud solutions and familiarity with cloud technologies such as Openstack, Azure, AWS, Docker/Kubernetes, Openshift
- Proven experience in Cloud Storage and Security
Nice to have:
- Web backends such as springboot
- Databases such as MySQL / Postgres
- Linux Operations Experience & experience in a DevOps Environment.
- Experience working in an agile development team using SCRUM
- Monitoring and Alerting with Prometheus
- Logging with ELK / EFK
- CI/CD Configuration Management Technologies, such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Salt
Please contact Leonie Gleeson on +35321422100 to discuss this role in full confidence