Commercial Accountant, Co Louth
Our client a leading manufacturing business based in Co Louth is hiring for a Commercial to join their growing team.
Due to the continued growth of our business, our client is looking to recruit a motivated, career-orientated individual to join the Finance Team in Co. Louth.
This is a new position responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of the business results to the Management team to ensure the best possible commercial decision-making.
Reporting to: Finance Director
- Overall responsibility for accuracy of financial accounting numbers for the Group on a daily, monthly and annual basis,
- Ensure monthly accounts are reported in accordance with business deadlines
- Monthly contract analysis to report gross margin and assist with driving margin improvement
- Responsible for the Cashflow management and reporting of the business and driving improvements for same
- Being commercially aware in the business to identify cost savings or margin improvements
- Drive on-going improvements in reporting processes for the business
- Ensure accuracy and take ownership of the General Ledger for the business
- Support the budgeting and re-forecasting process for Group revenues and costs and cost centres to ensure deadlines are achieved,
- Ensure information is submitted for Group Reporting in a timely manner to ensure consolidation deadlines are achieved,
- On-going liaison and interaction with other areas of the business to improve the inputs to, and outputs from the Finance dept.
- Liaise with external auditors.
Experience and Requirements:
- Qualified ACCA / ACA / CIMA or similar
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Practice-trained Accountant an advantage
- Experience of working with ERP systems in particular SAP Business One
- Strong reporting skills with the ability to create and improve management reporting
- Excellent systems skills with the ability to manipulate systems to produce Management reports
- Resilient and flexible, with the ability to thrive in a changing and fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to work well as part of a team, and be able to build effective relationships across the business
- Personal drive for self-development and growth
- Excellent knowledge and use of MS Office suite packages, particularly Excel
- Must possess an attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Commercially focused and results-orientated
- Can-do attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong team player with ability to interact with clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Flexible with a positive attitude to change
- Organisational and commercial awareness - Understands linkages affecting all areas.
- Communication skills - Listens responsively and can give information effectively, is open and receptive to others.
The job requires the ability to work under pressure, while prioritizing objectives in a constantly changing environment. Will assume other duties, as assigned by the Finance Director.
If you have the relevant qualifications and experience and are interested in this position please hit the apply now button above and Olivia who is based in our Dundalk office will be in contact if you are suitable.
Unfortunately, Recruitment Plus is not in a position to respond to each individual application due to the high volume of submissions. We will only contact those candidates whose CV matches the criteria for the vacancy. Thank you for your patience.
At RecruitmentPlus, we respect your privacy. Your CV is sent to us in complete confidence and will never be forwarded to a third party without your consent.
Should you choose to apply for this vacancy – RecruitmentPlus will screen your CV for this vacancy and any other suitable positions of a similar nature.