Commercial Sales Director
Cpl are delighted to partner with Inver Energy to recruit a Commercial Sales Director who will join their Executive Leadership Team. The role reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for 5 direct reports.
About Inver Energy
Inver Energy is a dynamic and expanding Irish fuels company focused on providing reliable and innovative fuel supply to a wide range of sectors and customers. We strive to add value to our customers by offering a complete range of petroleum and biofuel products and expertise. Inver is seeking a Commercial Director who will be part of the Inver executive team and will manage its commercial sales business. This business includes sales to wholesale, distributor, industrial and commercial, aviation and marine customers. The Commercial Director will be a dynamic and innovative individual with a strong commitment to customer service and relationships.
Inver Energy is a subsidiary of Greenergy Fuels who is the UK’s largest fuel supplier. Greenergy is part of the Brookfield Business Partners.
- Assist the Managing Director and executive team in developing strategies to grow the revenues and gross margins of the business
- Overall responsibility to develop, execute and monitor company’s sales and marketing business plan for the wholesale, distributor, national accounts, commercial and industrial, and marine fuel segments
- Manage sales and marketing activities, including the sales team and sales delivery logistics in these areas
- Overall responsibility for management of sales and logistics contracts
- Develop close and good relationships with customer base and key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Irish wholesale, distributor, commercial and industrial, national accounts, and marine fuel segments
- Identify and develop business development opportunities
- Ensure sales activities are closely aligned with risk management strategies to minimize pricing risk and hedging costs
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts for supply and financial planning
- Implement company credit control policies and procedures and the on-time collection of customer payments
- Provide Finance with the required information for the preparation of accurate monthly management accounts
- Ensure that delivery and pricing information is sent promptly to Finance to ensure timely and accurate invoicing
- Experience in a leadership role in the Oil/Fuel industry is essential
- Strong knowledge of the Oil/Fuel industry including pricing, risk management, etc. is essential
- Direct people management experience
- Previous experience managing a successful sales team, preferably on a national level
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful sales strategies and accurately forecast sales
- Strong communication and negotiation skills including contract negotiation experience
- Excellent stakeholder management and the ability to build and maintain strong business relationships
For more information on this role please email your CV to email@example.com or call Avril Downey directly on 021-4626121 for a confidential discussion.