What will you do
Reporting overall to the Director of Communications, and in the day-to-day role support the Communications Manager based in Cork, you will be responsible for supporting and creating effective, engaging communications content and channels for over 100,000 employees across 150 countries.
This role, providing support across our Corporate Communications team, is imperative to driving understanding and engagement into our organizational strategy, mission and values, raising awareness about employee news and activities across the globe, and driving awareness and understanding of our organizational health initiatives and best practise to improve our organization’s health and performance.
Proven capabilities of effective communication is required, including channel strategy (online and offline), measurement and advanced knowledge of technologies such as SharePoint, digital media skills and project management skills will make you a successful candidate in this role.
Working with the global team to support communications projects and activities, you will strive to continually evaluate and improve our resources and communication channels for all employees, located across seven regions and speaking eight languages, whilst bringing new and innovative ideas to the team.
How you will do it
- To be able to understand and decipher key messages on our organizational strategy and communicate them in a simple, engaging and user-friendly way
- To assist in the research, writing, proofing and editing of international, national and regional internal news article for the company intranet, and other news publications as applicable.
- To assist in the script writing and filming of occasional video and podcasts.
- To support and help drive the internal digital strategy for use of podcasts, social engagement tools and video content across the organization.
- To assist and provide support on creative needs for the internal communications team, adhering to brand positioning and corporate style guidelines.
- Identify, research, and present on opportunities for the Communications team, including but not limited to, strategic business partners and service providers to build a strategy to communicate corporate goals to all audiences.
- Support the development and implementation of strategic communication plans to support change management programs across Johnson Controls.
- Work cross-functionally, across geographies to help develop communication best practices and promote adaption and consistency across the global Communications team.
- Proactively manage relationships with stakeholders during all phases of a communications campaign to ensure clarity, consistency and collaboration with business units.
- Manage projects and relationships with agencies, vendors and contractors, including budget management and associated administration duties.
- Continuously develop your knowledge of communications best practices and support the on-going improvement of internal communications activities
- Master’s degree preferred)
- Creative design skills, including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Demonstrate experience of working with executive leaders to plan, execute and manage communications plans
- Experience and knowledge in digital technology and communications related applications
Job Communications Corporate Affairs
Primary Location IE-Ireland-Cork