A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Community Support Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Community Support Worker
Links Day Centre
Cork City, Co Cork.
Permanent Contract, 39 hours
Links – is a service commissioned by the HSE South and aimed at providing a range of supports to School Leavers and RT leavers. The purpose of the job is to promote and support independent living and community integration personal development and work opportunities for service users. To assist the Community Services Manager in the development, implementation, and delivery of quality customer focused and cost effective community services to service users at an appropriate time and setting. This includes the provision of individual programmes and activities to meet the needs, choices and abilities of service-users, and an active contribution towards the involvement of RehabCare in the expansion of this service.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Essential: A minimum of one years’ experience working in the field of disability.
- A third level degree in Health & Social Care
- Previous experience of working in the Community
- Experience of working 1:1 in the community
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To enshrine the concept of independent living by supporting service users to integrate in to their local community and access local resources.
- To ensure all interaction with service users is approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporates choice
- To plan, develop, implement, monitor and review appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programs within the community.
- To ensure best practice in line with up to date research regarding Quality of Life improvements. To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and key community based personnel in the pursuit of accessible community activities for service users.
- Full Clean Driving Licence and access to a car for business purposes
- To promote and be actively involved in teamwork at all times.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and other personnel as directed by the Community Services Manager
- A flexible shift system will operate
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Friday,10th July 2020
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer