The Compliance Business Partner (CBP) will work within the Underwriting and Pricing area, providing guidance, advice and support in relation to compliance related issues. Reporting directly to the Chief Underwriting Officer, they will be responsible for ensuring that business processes and practices continue to be in line with regulatory, conduct and compliance guidelines and will also provide relevant compliance technical support and guidance to Underwriting and Pricing. The CBP will also have a dotted line to the Head of Compliance and will work with colleagues in both the Underwriting and Pricing teams and the Compliance team.
The Underwriting and Pricing Compliance Business Partner responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Acting as a compliance subject matter expert, embedding compliant processes and procedures within Underwriting and Pricing and supporting the team with respect to policy wording and associated policy documentation, ensuring that compliance knowledge is applied locally prior to second line review.
- Conduct local monitoring to ensure adherence to and application of compliance knowledge is effective.
- Working closely with colleagues to gain an understanding of the business processes, and deliver practical and appropriate compliance support.
- Work with Underwriting and Pricing to provide compliance insight on the Retail Risk Framework.
- Have a solution focused mind-set and a proactive approach to assist with the delivery of the Underwriting and Pricing strategy.
- Providing guidance in relation to all applicable regulatory requirements including CPC, DMD, IDD, MCC, RPIR, ICOBS, DISP & GDPR
- Ensuring consistent adherence to the Group Code of Conduct, Anti-Corruption, and all other policies and group standards
- Providing relevant insights into the business, its regulatory landscape, regulatory risk identification and management
- Developing a successful, strategic relationship between the Compliance function and the business. Attending the Compliance team meetings to ensure consistency of approach and to develop own capability and awareness.
- Maintaining an up to date and in-depth knowledge of the current and emerging regulatory requirements as applicable to the company
- Delivering tailored training to improve compliance capabilities within Underwriting and Pricing, and work with BOM member to ensure regulatory compliance obligations are met
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Insurance OR Minimum of 2 years in a compliance related role.
- Knowledge and experience of the regulatory control environment within the business unit.
- Applicants should hold the Professional Certificate or Diploma in Compliance (ACOI) OR CIP/Grandfather qualification.*
* Willingness to complete the ACOI is required.
- Knowledge and experience in advising in both ROI (CBI) and UK (FCA) jurisdictions
- Previous experience of working within a Compliance Function in a financial services organisation, providing regulatory guidance and support to business area
€50,000.00 - €55,000.00 per year