A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Conference & Banqueting Manager to join our team at the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo.
The Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa Sligo is an award-winning hotel conference and wedding venue located in the North West of Ireland. It boasts once of the largest event spaces in the region and is one of the most popular wedding destinations in the North West of Ireland.
The Conference and Banqueting Manager will work under the general guidance of the Deputy General Manager, maximise guest satisfaction and hotel profitability by managing the meeting and events function, and report all sales statistics to the Director of Sales. All work is carried out in line with the hotel's guidelines and business plan, the departmental business plan, and the Hotel's corporate guidelines and service concepts.
This is a great opportunity to join us and grow with the Radisson Blu, Sligo and the iNua Hotel Collection.
MAXIMISE GUEST SATISFACTION AND PROFITABILITY BY MANAGING THE MEETING AND EVENTS FUNCTION
- Ensures compliance with specifications of Conferences & Event details by working closely with Sales and other Food & Beverage Outlets
- Ensures room is set up in accordance with customer specifications by supervising set-up staff and inspecting function rooms prior to events
- Checks rooms comfort, lighting, equipment and temperature
- Maximizes guest satisfaction by communicating customer specifications to the Food & Beverage teams
- Reviews and documents guest specifications and suggests alternatives as appropriate
- Informs guests and staff of applicable liquor laws, hotel rules and limitations within policies and guidelines
- Ensures readiness and compliance in case of last minute changes to Events
- Assures quality of food and beverage products
- Conducts daily inspections of the Conference & Banqueting facilities to ensure the facilities are kept in the best condition, and recommends preventive maintenance to the Maintenance Manager when needed
- Initiates purchase orders for specific banquet items when necessary
- Seeks actively to interact with existing clients using Meeting & Events facilities
- Works pro-actively to minimize complaints from guests; subsequently minimize expenses relating to the “conference guarantee” and “ Yes I Can! “
- Meets required needs of banquet orders by assuring proper inventory of all banquet equipment and supplies
- Achieves profit goals by ensuring that negotiated conference and banqueting rates are in line with hotel profit objectives
- Ensures that billing of all events is completed in the absence of Sales Co-Ordinator
- Follows-up with guests to determine satisfaction; measures results and establishes strategies to improve the quality of the guest experience
- Is proficient in all departmental procedures to be a resource when needed
- Audits Conference & Banqueting services and quality on a regular basis and develops and implements strategies to improve results
- Knowledge of departmental equipment - including technical equipment i.e. AV System
- Ensures that all charges of meetings, conferences and dinners are accurate and followed through in line with departmental procedures and prior guest departure
MANAGING CONFERENCE AND BANQUETING STAFF
- Manages the Conference & Banqueting Team
- Utilises leadership skills and motivation to maximise employee productivity and satisfaction
- Challenges employees within Department to achieve optimum revenue and service
- Monitors department's overall service, interaction with other departments, and team work daily, and takes action to improve standards at all times.
LAWS, REGULATIONS AND POLICIES
- Monitors and makes sure staff follows all applicable laws
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Screens, interviews and selects potential employees
- Checks that staff meets and exceeds guest expectations by training and encouraging staff to provide Yes I Can! Service
- Identifies training needs, and makes sure staff receives training, including skills training to provide consistent, reliable service
- Works closely with the Human Resources Manager on developing the Conference & Banqueting Team
- Fosters and develops effective employee relations within department and
throughout the hotel
- Keeps effective internal communication, including daily interaction with all staff to ensure optimum team work and productivity
- Looks for ways to motivate and challenge employees
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately
- Fully understands the hotel's fire, emergency procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practised and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Ensures that employees work in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Stimulates and encourages a general awareness of health and safety in tasks and activities carried out within the department
- Follows hotel regulations and adheres to existing laws and regulations
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and either corrects them or takes action to prevent them from happening
- Ensures that the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct is maintained by all employees in the department
- Selects and develops strategies to improve guest service, food production techniques and efficiency
- Prepares Conference & Banqueting business plan and departmental budget
- Analyses deviation to budget, and takes action as required
- Attends meetings and training required by the Deputy General Manager
- Assists colleagues to perform similar or related jobs when necessary
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to hotel guests and the hotel's stakeholders
- Maintains own working area, materials and company property clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to appropriate individual
- Continuously seeks to endeavour and improve the department's efficient operation, and knowledge of own job function
Employee Benefits Include:
- Discounted rates on food & accommodation.
- Learning & Development Opportunities.
- Staff meals provided whilst on duty.
- Independent Employee Assistant Programme.
- Employee Recognition Awards.
Follow us on Facebook / LinkedIn for the latest career opportunities.