Copywriter - WD30101484278
What you will do
This is a key in-house position, with a strong focus on social media content, working in the Cork Creative team.
We are growing in size and building out our copy function. We are looking for a copywriter to help us handle the exciting range of new work that will be coming our way.
Social media is an area we are looking to grow quickly. We welcome new energy and ideas to boost our offering and provide metrics-driven content that supports strategic business goals.
We need adaptable writers who can pen a headline or a white paper, a tweet or a speech. We need someone who loves words, loves ideas and loves getting stuck in, someone with the imagination to spin magic prose when talking about a sprinkler valve.
How you will do it
- You will provide copy support to the Cork Creative team, primarily writing, editing and proofing text
- You will take part in brainstorming for multiple projects with varying timelines and deadlines (including regional and international projects)
- You will be expected to pitch your ideas, both internally and to our clients
- You will attend group client meetings/calls and liaise with clients directly for feedback and/or direction
- Work with the wider team of designers, client service specialists and management to further the success of Cork Creative and – consequently – Johnson Controls as a whole
What we look for
- At least a modicum of literary ability: you will be someone who enjoys writing, knows good writing when they see it and – vitally – knows how to improve bad writing. You will love language and have experience producing superlative written materials for a diverse array of clients and purposes
- Communication skills: we deal with an international clientele, across many time zones, all and each of whom are our most important partners. Tact, diplomacy and clearness in written and spoken communication is extremely important to ensure we deliver the best service we can
- Creativity: you need to be able to enjoy the mechanics and process of creative writing and be able to inject energy and imagination into every word you write. We do the big ideas, but we also do the nuts and bolts (literally in some instances) – you should be able to enjoy both
- Attention to detail: this is absolutely, totally key. A lot of our work is seen by many thousands of people – one mistake is one too many. A keen editorial sense/typo paranoia/THE FEAR is essential.
- Adaptability, energy and work ethic: you will be working on multiple projects with varying timelines and deadlines, some of which will appear out of the clear blue. You will need to jump from job to job and maintain high standards at all times
In case of interest, please apply with your professional CV and a samples of your previous work!
Who we are
Johnson Controls is a leading pure play buildings business serving a wide range of diverse customers in more than 150 countries.
We advance the safety, comfort and intelligence of spaces and places. Our purpose is to power the success of our customers and to protect the environment.
Our 100,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next-generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
We are the power behind your mission!
JobSales & Marketing
Source : Johnson Controls, Inc