Our team mission is to build beautiful and simple products and services in service to our Ding communities of senders and receivers.
Our ideal Copywriter is a team-spirited, skilled and imaginative writer with an eye for detail. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer insight and ideas to address a challenge creatively, we’d like to meet you.
Reporting to the Creative and Product Design Team Lead, you’ll be joining the design team at an exciting time as we’re in the process of rebranding and optimising Ding’s products through exceptional design and user experience.
As a copywriter, you'll understand the important link between content and users. You will work closely with the CRM team, our performance marketing specialists, Product Managers and Designers to create copy that brings our story to life. You’ll always put the user’s needs first and understand the importance of balancing usability, performance and beautiful design to create the best possible experience.
You will have experience following a creative content design process in a fast-paced environment, leveraging user research and data to create copy that delivers. You must have a love of writing and have the ability to drive Ding’s tone of voice forward, improving consistency and adding personality to all of our customer communication across web, app, mobile, social media, blog and other content channels – and you’ll have to find a way to ensure it works multi-lingually. You will work with reusable components, design systems and visual guidelines to maintain consistency across the products, platforms and languages.
- Create clear concise and engaging copy and content for a wide range of brand, product and marketing needs including UI, emails, landing pages, support pages, FAQ, blog posts, in-product copy and more.
- Develop and steward the Ding tone of voice across our digital platforms.
- Work closely with our Design, Marketing, Product, & CRM teams.
- Update and manage promotional content for the Ding website and social channels.
- Operate as Copy editor to ensure tone of voice alignment across all channels.
- Advise on improving content to drive performance based on user testing and analytics data. Drive copy and content trends and knowledge within Ding, with consideration for performance, device type and user insights.
- Take full ownership for your deliverables end to end, with a strong focus on usability.
- Take a pragmatic, positive approach to creating content solutions that are commercially sound.
- Work closely with our UX researcher to ensure customer insights are applied to our UI.
- Work and support third party agencies, if required.
Skills & Experience required
- Minimum 4+ years in a fast-paced ecommerce environment as a copywriter/content designer.
- Experience in writing for search engines and ability to interpret a SEO focused brief.
- Fluent in English – written fluency in another language is a plus.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to produce exceptional copy and content is essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of UX design principles and an interest in content trends, systems and tools.
Ding was founded to change billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
As the number one international mobile top-up platform in the world, Ding has been keeping people connected since 2006, when it launched this first-of-a-kind service. Today, Ding’s users have successfully sent over 300 million top-ups globally, via the app, online at Ding.com, and in-store at over 600,000+ retail outlets worldwide.
The number of prepaid mobile phones is growing and now accounts for 76% of the world’s five billion phones, with one quarter offline and in need of top-up at any one time – highlighting the need for Ding’s frictionless and instant mobile top-up. In fact, Ding delivers a top-up every second, via 500+ operators, across 140+ countries – helping families and friends around the world to stay connected.
Ding is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and has regional offices in London, Barcelona, Bucharest, Dhaka, Dubai, New Jersey, Miami, Paris, and San Salvador. Ding’s culturally diverse team of more than 200 people reflects our commitment to delivering cutting-edge, potentially life-changing technology to developed and emerging markets alike.
We're always on the lookout for talented people. The more our exceptional team grows, the closer we are to achieving our goal of changing billions of lives by accelerating mobile access.
We’re looking for people who can simplify the complex and enjoy the freedom to experiment. We’re looking for those who value diversity and understand the importance of collaboration and shared goals.
Above all, we’re looking for people who demonstrate our company values:
- Puts users first
- Evolves through fast action
- Continually raises the bar
- Respects everyone
- Drives impacts and ownership
Ding recruitment privacy notice is available at https://www.ding.com/recruitment-privacy-notice